The right child seat for children from 7 to 12 years old is a group 3 child seat. Even if your child no longer feels like riding in a child seat, it is still important for safety .You can find out what to look for when buying this child seat group in our checklist. In our product recommendations you will also find the right group 3 child seat.
- Group 3 child seats are suitable for children from 7 to 12 years of age and are designed for a body weight between 22 and 36 kilograms.
- From a height of 150 centimeters or from 12 years, your child may ride without a child seat.
- If your child is 12 years old but smaller than 150 centimeters, you can decide for yourself whether you want to continue using the child seat.
- Group 3 child seats are available as seats with backrests, but also as booster seats without backrests.
- Your child is strapped in with the car seat belt.
- Child seats thatgrow with the child, such as those in groups 1 and 2, still have their own integrated 5-point harness . However, this no longer fits larger children, which is why you must remove it according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- The child seat is attached via Isofix or simply via the car’s seat belt .
- Always fasten the seat according to the manufacturer’s instructions, as this is the only way to ensure optimal protection.
- Not every car is equipped with the Isofix system. This is located between the backrest and the seat and consists of two adapters into which the pins of the child seat are inserted.
- Older vehicles often do not have an Isofix system installed, but in newer vehicles it is usually integrated as standard.
- You can use the child seat not only on the back seat, but also on the front passenger seat.
- Group 3 child seats must have a test seal that certifies them according to i-Size / UN ECE Reg. 129, UN ECE 44/04 or UN ECE Reg. 44/03.
- Child seats without this test standard are not permitted on the road.
- Make sure that the child seat has also been tested for harmful substances . If it is free of harmful substances, this is certified by corresponding test seals such as Oeko-Tex or TÜV .
- In addition, you should always adjust child seats with backrests to the height of yourchild. This not only ensures comfort, but also safety in the event of an accident.
Table of contents
Recommended Child Seats Of Group 3
We have compiled the best and most exciting group 3 child seats.
Tip: You can find many great mountain kettcars in our guide to mountain kettcars.
The Best Sellers Of Child Seats Of Group 3
In a list of bestsellers, we have compiled the most popular group 3 child seats for you.
Tip: You can find the right steep face tent for your camping trip in our guide to steep face tents.
Current Offers Of Child Seats Of Group 3
You can find the best current offers on group 3 child seats in this list.
FAQ About The Child Seats Of Group 3
Group 3 child seat – from when?
Group 3 child seats are recommended from the age of 7 years or a body weight of 22 kg.
How long a group 3 child seat?
From the age of 12 years, child seats are no longer mandatory. The same applies to a body height over 150 cm.
When is a booster seat sufficient?
It is up to the parents to decide when a booster seat is sufficient. From the age of 12 or a height of 150 cm, a booster seat is no longer required.
More On The Topic
Clothing for children
- The 11 best down jackets for children – guidebook
- The 15 best transition jackets for kids – guidebook
- The 7 best Germany jerseys for kids – Guidebook
- The 15 best gloves for kids – How to guide
- The 15 best adidas shoes for kids – How to guide
- The best Nike shoes for kids – How to buy
Musical instruments for kids
- The best musical instruments for kids – How to choose
- The 6 best accordions for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best ORFF instruments for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best percussion instruments for children – guidebook
- The 7 best 1/4 guitars for children – guidebook
- The 7 best 3/4 guitars for kids – guidebook
- The 7 best 1/2 guitars for children – guidebook
- The 8 best drums for children – guidebook
- The 7 best electric guitars for kids – guidebook
Toys for kids
- The 10 best doctor’s cases for children – guidebook
- The 9 best kettcars from Berg – guidebook
- The 10 best bobbycars for children – guidebook
- The 10 best garden toys from 1 year old – guidebook
- The 10 best toys for 8 year old children
- The 10 best “paint by numbers” sets – guidebook
- The 8 best footballs for children – guidebook