Kids bikes are a great way to combine outdoor exercise and family time. For children 6 years and older, a 20 inch children’s bike is the perfect choice. With this your offspring can really let off steam and at the same time has mastered a skill for life. Before buying, it is important to know, among other things, that you are getting the right safety outsole for your child.
We have written in our checklist the most important criteria for children’s bikes and the best children’s bikes with 20 inch tire size in our product recommendations for you.
Table of contents
The Best Sellers Of Children’s Bikes With 20 inch
We have compiled the most popular children’s bikes with 20 inch for you in this bestseller list.
Checklist For Children’s Bikes With 20 Inch
- If your child is about 120 cm tall and has a stride length of about 60 cm , this frame size is the right choice. This is approximately the case at the age of 7 to 8 years.
- Handlebars and saddle should be adjustable in height, because every child has a different physique and so the seating position can be adjusted individually.
- The lighter the bike, the better your child can handle it independently. In the best case, the bike should weigh 12 kg or less.
- For a children’s bikeof this size, a gear shift is appropriate so that your child can master uneven terrain with less effort.
- A gear shift with 3 to 7 gears is perfectly adequate.
- Children’s bicycles with a size of 20 inches are suitable for road traffic.
- Therefore, they must have two brakes that work independently of each other.
- A rim brake in the front in combination with another for the rear wheel or a backpedal are common variants here.
- A bell is useful so that children can make themselves known if necessary.
- The chain should not lie open, but be provided with a chain guard.
- A 20 inch children’s bike should have a light system.
- A white headlight in the front and a red taillight in the rear make the bike roadworthy.
- There should also be a white and red reflector on the front and rear of the bike, respectively, and yellow reflectors on the pedals and wheels.
Recommended Children’s Bikes With 20 Inch
Here you will find the top 15 children’s bikes with 20 inches.
Tip: You can find great tips on fitness in our guide to the best steppers
Current Offers For Children Bicycles With 20 Inch
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the children’s bicycles with 20 inch.
Tip: You can find helpful tools in our guide to the best Battery and electric tackers
FAQ About Kids Bikes With 20 Inch Tire Size
Depending on the height of your child, the size of the bike also changes. From 120 cm up to 142 cm, a children’s bike with 20 inches is suitable.
Children’s bikes with 20 inch tire size is in a price range from 160 to 280 euros
If the children’s bike is used as a play bike, it is not mandatory to use a headlight. However, if your child is going to use the bike as a vehicle, you should purchase plug-in headlights for the bike.
A children’s bike with 20 inch tire size weighs 15 kg
Your child can use a 20 inch bike from the age of 6.
- The best children’s bikes – guide
- The 7 best children’s bicycles from KOKUA – guidebook
- The 20 best children’s bicycles with 16 inch – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bicycles from Early Rider – Guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bicycles with 26 inch tire size – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bicycles with 24 inch tire size – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bicycles with 18 inch tire size – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bikes with 14 inch tire size – guidebook
Children’s bike seats
- The 9 best children’s bike seats – guidebook
- Iso Trade child bike seat
- Britax Römer Jockey Comfort child bike seat
- The 10 best children’s bike seats – guidebook