Whether electric or gasoline engine the children’s quad brings a huge driving fun and a lot of action. However, the selection is large, so you should have the age, weight, and safety of your child in mind when looking for the best vehicle for your child.
We have not only written a checklist with the most important criteria for children’s quads, but also compiled many product recommendations for you.
- The right size is important for a children’s quad bike. Your child must be able to get both legs safely on the ground.
- At the same time, make sure that during the ride, the legs are on the rack.
- The angle of the knees should not exceed 90 degrees.
- Children’s quads can be used from the age of 12 months.
- Here, a motor drive is still dispensed with the Miniquads .
- From 18 months, there are models with a motor of 6 volts. The maximum speed is 3 km/h.
- From 3 years , models with a motor of 24 vol ts can be used. They reach a speed of up to 8 km/h.
- Higher speeds are reached by children’s quads with gasoline engines or electric motors. Up to 50 km/h are possible. The vehicles are only suitable for older children.
- In order for your child to have a high comfort during the ride, you can pay attention to well-padded seats .
- The handles should be covered with rubber. This makes them easier to grip.
- The gas pedal should be easy to operate. The same applies to the brake. Too much force will make it less fun for your child.
- The wheels should have as much grip as possible. A well-defined tread is an optimal basis for all surfaces.
- The battery should be safely hidden in the children’s quad.
- Safety is ensured by integrated lighting equipment. Especially at dusk or in the dark, your child should be easy to see.
- A horn in the Kinderquad is helpful so that your child can make itself noticed.
- You can pay attention to the weight . Your child should be able to lift the quad by himself. Models for children over two years, for example, weigh on average about 2.5 kg.
- The wheels should be wide enough so that the vehicle has a secure grip on the ground.
Table of contents
Recommended Children’s Quads From 1 Year
Here you can find the top 10 kids quads for children from 1 year.
Tip: You can find many great child seats in our guide to reboarder child seats
Recommended Children’s Quads From 3 Years
Here you can find the top 10 kids quads for children over 3 years.
- 2 powered rear wheels - electronic differential function - 2 powerful 12 V drive motors and transmissions, powerful 12 V battery for long driving time, 2-speed turbo switch
- Ultra-grip rubber rings on the drive wheels, extra large tyres and shock absorbers
- Front Headlights/Taillights, Illuminated Dashboard
- Horn and sound, connection of external audio sources, FM radio and keyless start process via start button
- Italian (Publication Language)
The Best Sellers Of Kids Quads
We have compiled the most popular kids quads for you in this best-seller list.
Current Offers For Kinderquads
Here you can find a selection of current offers for kids quads.
Tip: You can find exciting information about electric bikes in our guide for electric bikes from Haibike
FAQ About Kinderquads
A kids’ quad is a miniature version of the ordinary quad. It is smaller and produces less power, so children can ride it safely.
Children from the age of 5 can already ride smaller electric quads. For larger quads, which have an audible speed, your child should already be 10 to 12 years old.
On average, you have to expect a price of about 200 euros when buying a children’s quad. However, there are also cheap offers that start at 50 euros and also more expensive variants that are available from 500 euros.
Depending on the model, children’s quads can reach speeds of up to 50 km/h.
Both gasoline and electric quads have their advantages. Gasoline quads better simulate the driving experience of a real quad, but electric quads are becoming increasingly popular due to their environmental friendliness, quiet electric motor and low maintenance.
More On The Topic
- The 7 best kids quads with petrol engine – guidebook
- The 8 most popular pocket quads
- The 7 best quads – guidebook
- The 7 best pocket quads – guidebook
- The 11 best e-scooters with road registration in Austria – Guidebook
- The 11 best E-Scooters with road permission in Germany – Guidebook
- The 6 best E-SCOOTERs with registration in Germany – Guidebook
- The 8 best boards and e-scooters from Bluewheel – Guidebook
- The 2 best e-scooters from Moovi – Guidebook
- The 5 best E-Scooters for children – Advisor
- The best e-scooters 2021 – Guidebook
- The 4 best e-scooters from Wizzard – Guidebook
- The 5 best e-scooters from Segway- Guidebook
- The 6 best e-scooters from Egret – guidebook
- The 15 best fast e-scooters without road permission – guidebook
Vehicles For Children
- The best vehicles for children – guidebook
- The 20 best children’s vehicles from Puky – guidebook
- The 8 best children’s vehicles from Kettler – guidebook