Cool skateboards for kids you can find here in our guide. So you can buy your child a super cool new skateboard with which he will have a lot of fun.
If you want to read up on skateboards again, check out our checklist. You can find the best models in our product recommendations.
- Skateboards are suitable for children from the age of three.
- The width of the skateboard should be slightly smaller than the feet or shoes of your child are long. This ensures that protruding toes make it much easier to control.
- A skateboard for toddlers measures about 55 cm long by 15 cm wide. Skateboards for older children (from school age) are about 80 cm long and 15 to 22 cm wide.
- Mini boards, that is, skateboards for the little ones, are usually made of plastic. The surface should be roughened so that your child has a good grip while riding.
- Larger skateboards are made of maple wood, which is stable and elastic at the same time. Good boards are made of several layers of maple wood, which are glued together. There should be a grip tape glued on so that your child can stand safely on the board even when wet.
- For children, it is recommended to buy a set where the deck and the wheels are matched. Professionals put together the deck and the wheels individually .
- Both sides(nose and tail) of the deck ideally run upwards at a slight angle at the end. This allows your child to put one foot down and practice better. Also, there is no front or back on these models. Both sides look the same.
- Retro boards only have a high-curved tip at the back. In the front, the deck tapers to a point. These boards also come in toddler versions.
- Some children’s skateboards have reflective wheels through built-in lights to provide more visibility and safety. The wheels should be rather soft and run smoothly.
- Dusty trails should be avoided because of the delicate ball bearings. If your child rides on paved paths, they will enjoy their skateboard for a long time.
- Additional protective equipment should be purchased if necessary: Helmet and suitable protectors.
- Do not let your child ride unsupervised at first, as first attempts at skateboarding can be quite challenging.
Table of contents
Recommended Skateboards For Children
Here you can find the top 10 among the most popular skateboards for kids.
Tip: You can find the best Playmobil firefighter sets here with us in the Playmobil firefighters guide.
The Best Sellers Of Skateboards For Kids
We have compiled the most popular skateboards for kids for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: You can find the best carving knives for kids here with us in the guide to carving knives
Current Offers For Skateboards For Kids
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the Skateboards for Kids section.
FAQ About Skateboards For Kids
Mini boards are best suited for beginners. These are made of plastic and are perfect for the first attempts. Some additionally contain LEDs, so that the little ones feel even more appealing.
The skateboard originated in the 1950s in California. There, the surfboard on the street should be imitated by adding wheels underneath.
Starting at 3 years old, the size is 6.5 inches. In addition, there are many other sizes for older children. Skateboards from 8 inches should only be used by children 14 years and older.
Vehicles for children
- The 10 best waveboards for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best stunt scooters – guidebook
- The 8 best boards and e-scooters from Bluewheel – guidebook
- The 7 best children’s bicycles from KOKUA – Guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bikes with 12 inch – guidebook
- The 10 best penny boards – guidebook
- The 10 best Hoverboards – Advisor
Roller skates and Co.
- The 10 best climbing ropes – guidebook
- The 9 best climbing nets for kids – guidebook
- The 11 best climbing towers for kids – guidebook
- The 8 best climbing walls for children’s room – guidebook
- The 9 best climbing triangles for kids – guidebook
- The 15 best indoor climbing frames for children – guidebook
- The 4 best trampolines from Hudora – Guidebook
- The 6 best trampolines from Salta – Guidebook
- The 6 best rectangular trampolines – Guidebook
- The 3 best trampolines from Kesser – Guidebook
- The 4 best trampolines from Berg – Guidebook
- The 8 best 4 meter trampolines – guidebook
- The 6 best 305 cm trampolines – Guidebook