With the right slide car your child trains coordination and a sense of balance. At the same time, your child has a lot of fun and experiences a lot of action. Furthermore, you can choose from many different models with plenty of accessories. From the classic Bobby Car to the detailed Mercedes slide car, everything is there. Pay attention to the safety of your child, among other things, so that nothing happens while playing.
In our checklist , we go into more detail on the above points and add some new aspects so that you can make an informed purchase decision in the end. Finally, in the product recommendations, you will find an overview of the best slide cars for kids.
- Your child can use a slide car as soon as he or she can sit independently and walk safely.
- It is important that your child’s feet touch the ground when sitting on it, so that your child can push off from it when driving.
- Slide car models come in many different shapes and designs.
- One of the most popular and well-known slide-car is the classic Bobby Car from BIG, which is available in different colors for boys and girls and scores with a high load capacity.
- However, car manufacturers such as Audi or Mercedes have also entered the slide car business. These shine with an authentic design and precise details that are based on the original cars.
- For very imaginative games, the slide car is available as a tractor or fire engine model as well as with monster design.
- A slide car should have hard plastic tires , which can withstand high loads and are suitable for outdoor use. Some models have tires that can be turned 360°, allowing effortless changes of direction.
- Stepless Ackerman steering provides a smaller turning circle.
- Many newfangled models also come with a wide range of accessories, such as stickers with realistic designs for the appropriate visual impression, while light shows and sound almost turn the slide car into a real car.
- Also practical are secret compartments that can be opened when the slide car is opened, where everyday utensils such as drinks or tissues can be stowed.
- The slide-car should be selected according to the size of your child so that he can support himself with his feet on the ground.
- A relief on the seat of the slide car ensures that your child does not slip while playing.
- Make sure that the slide car of your choice meets the requirements of TÜV and EPH and is free of harmful substances.
- However, the most important role is played by you as a parent. Always keep an eye on your little ones so that you can intervene in time if something happens. Many slide cars have a special handle for this purpose, with which you can nudge your child or even slow him down.
Table of contents
Recommended Slide Cars
Here you can find the top 10 most popular slide cars.
Tip: You can find many great offers for babies in our guide to the best baby sleds.
The Best Sellers Of The Slide Cars
We have compiled the most popular slide cars for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: There’s more on gardening for you in our guide to the best water sockets from Gardena.
Current Offers For Slide Car
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the Slide Cars section.
FAQ About Slide Cars
A slide car ranges in price from €30 to €80. For special editions, the price can rise to over 200 €.
Here, no exact age can be determined. The slide car is usable when the child has learned to walk and the feet reach the ground. Some can drive it already with 10 months, others only with 1,5 years.
The older the children get, the faster they drive the Bobbycar. Since it does not have a brake, most children use their feet to stop. So basically, shoe pads or older shoes are recommended.
More On The Topic
- The best children’s vehicles – guide
- The 20 best children’s vehicles from Puky – guidebook
- The 8 best children’s vehicles from Kettler – guidebook
- The 10 best bobbycars for children – guidebook
Climbing frames for children
- The best children’s bicycles – guidebook
- The 7 best children’s bicycles from KOKUA – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bicycles with 12 inches – guidebook
- The 20 best children’s bicycles with 16 inches – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bicycles from Early Rider – Guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bicycles with 26 inch tire size – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bicycles with 24 inch tire size – guidebook
- The 15 best children’s bicycles with 20 inch tire size – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bicycles with 18 inch tire size – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bikes with 14 inch tire size – guidebook