The selection of unicycles for children is large. To make your purchase decision easier and to give you a better overview of the different models, we have taken a closer look at the best unicycles for kids and compared individual products. In our product recommendations, we have compiled the best models. You’re sure to find what you’re looking for in these unicycles for kids.
- Unicycles are available in different sizes (20 inch but also 12 and 16 inch)
- Special beginner unicycles are recommended for beginners. These have a comfortable saddle and a good spare parts supply.
- There are unicycles that have a long seat post and are adjustable. Mostly this is the case with 20 inch unicycles.
- An alternative to conventional unicycles are electric unicycles. These can maintain balance independently with an electric sense of balance
- There is no consensus on the best age to start.
- From 5 years old, you can think about a unicycle, depending on the child’s interests, development, and abilities. In the beginning, 20-inch unicycles are best.
- The choice is made according to development, abilities, and body size or distance from the step to the ground(follow the manufacturer’s instructions).
- For a stride length of 48 cm, a 12-inch unicycle is recommended. 16-inch unicycles are useful for a stride length of 55 cm. From the age of 9, a 20-inch unicycle is recommended. The stride length should be over 55 cm. The advantage of 20-inch unicycles is that they can grow with the child and can still be ridden even if the child is 2 meters tall.
- For safety, a helmet should be worn and possibly knee and arm pads.
- The dexterity of your child is promoted. In addition, your child moves outside in the fresh air.
- Riding a unicycle is a great alternative to riding a bicycle and offers a balance.
- Your child improves his motor skills while playing.
Table of contents
Recommended Unicycles For Children
We have collected the best and most interesting unicycles for children.
Tip: You can find many more outdoor play options in our guide to the 10 best double swings for kids.
The Best Sellers Of Unicycles For Kids
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular unicycles for kids for you.
Tip: For many more outdoor play options, check out our guide to the best Exit Trampolines.
Current Offers Of Unicycles For Children
You can find the best current offers on unicycles for kids in this list.
FAQ for unicycles for kids
The unicycle size for children depends on their height. The manufacturer’s specifications are indicative. However, you can also take the distance from the crotch to the ground as a measurement, depending on the supplier. The latter option is usually more accurate
The earliest age at which children should learn to ride a unicycle is not specified. Before 5 years it is rather not meaningful. Overall, the individual development and abilities of the child should be taken into account. It should also be remembered that most models require a certain height or stride length for a safe riding experience. Younger children usually do not meet these requirements anyway
The cost of a unicycle varies because there are different models, sizes and different features. Electric unicycles are rarely used, these are of course more expensive. There are unicycles around 60 EUR and versions that cost over 100 EUR
Vehicles For Children
- The best children’s vehicles – guide
- The 8 best children’s vehicles from Kettler – guidebook
- The 20 best children’s vehicles from Puky – guidebook
- The 10 best waveboards for kids – guidebook
- The best children’s bicycles – guidebook
- The 5 best e-scooters for children – guidebook
- The 4 best trampolines from Hudora – Guidebook
- The 6 best trampolines from Salta – Guidebook
- The 6 best rectangular trampolines – Guidebook
- The 3 best trampolines from Kesser – Guidebook
- The 4 best trampolines from Berg – Guidebook
- The 8 best 4 meter trampolines – guidebook