You are not a fan of motorcycles and co? Then a quad bike could be the right thing for you. Quads are not only practical to drive through woods and meadows, but also for road traffic.
You can find out everything you need to know about quads in our checklist. You can find a selection of great quads in our product recommendations.
- New vehicles have the advantage of being delivered fault-free and with a warranty. However, like cars, they lose about 25% of their purchase value in the first year.
- Used quads are also available for little money. When buying, you should pay particular attention to the following points:
- What is the overall condition of the quad?
- Is there damage to the paint, possibly due to an accident?
- Are the tires already porous?
- Tread depth of the tires: Legally required in Germany are 1.6 mm. For off-road driving, it should be better at 3 mm and more.
- Mileage: The engine of a quad can run 50,000 km and beyond if well maintained. From 10,000 km, however, the risk increases that components wear out, resulting in follow-up costs.
- Quads generally refer to all four-wheeled motorcycles.
- Small quads with an engine capacity between 50 cc and 300 cc are more suitable for the road due to their performance.
- ATVs are off-road quads with an engine capacity of 500 cc to 1000 cc. They have four-wheel drive, are built higher, and are heavier. Accordingly, they are also less agile and consume more gasoline.
- A range of accessories is available specifically for ATVs. Winch and trailer hitch are standard equipment, snow blade or sweeper are available as front attachments. In addition, transport boxes can be mounted on the luggage racks.
- With a class AM motorcycle license, you can drive quads up to 50 cc and a maximum speed of 45 km/h from the age of 16 . With the car driving license (class B) you are allowed to drive all quads.
- If you want to drive your quad on public roads, it must be roadworthy. For this it needs brake lights, turn signals, headlights & parking lights, speedometer and compliant tires.
- Quads with an unladen weight of more than 400 kg and a power output of more than 15 kW also require LoF approval (agricultural and forestry approval) in order to use public traffic areas.
Table of contents
Here you can find the top 7 most popular quads.
Tip: You can find practical flat chisels in our guide to flat chisels.
The Best Sellers Of Quads
We have compiled the most popular quads for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: Many great card games for children can be found in our guide to card games for children.
Current Offers For Quads
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the area of quads.
FAQ About Quads
Used quads are available from 200 €, new quads from 1500 €. Upwards, depending on the brand and equipment, there are no limits.
The cost of insurance for the quad varies between 80 and 500 €. Relevant factors are the brand, the purpose of use, the price of the quad and many other aspects.
From the age of 16, with a driver’s license class AM, you can drive a quad up to 50 cc and a maximum speed of 45 km / h. With a class B driver’s license, all quads may be driven.
The biggest cost factors for the maintenance of a quad are refueling, taxes and insurance. The maintenance per year can therefore not be determined as a lump sum.
Quads with 250 cc reach speeds of just over 100 km/h. Larger and more powerful engines allow an even higher maximum speed.
Depending on the region, a TÜV costs about 50 €.
You can make the driving license required for a quad of the class AM from 16 years.
More On The Topic
Quads, motorcycles and more
- The 8 most popular pocket quads
- The 10 best kids quads – guide
- The 10 best electric motorcycles for kids
- The 15 best kids motorcycles – guide
- The 7 most popular electric scooters for kids
- The 6 best pit bikes – guidebook
- The 5 best pocket bikes – guidebook
- The 7 best trekking e-bikes – guidebook
- The 6 best cargo e-bikes – guidebook
- The best e-bikes 2020 – guidebook
- The best e-bikes for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best 26 inch electric bikes
- The 8 best electric bikes from Haibike – Guidebook
- The 11 best e-scooters with road approval in Austria – Guidebook
- The 11 best e-scooters with road approval in Germany – Guidebook
Everything for the home gym
- The 9 best home gyms for an effective workout – Guidebook
- The 8 best ergometers for the home – Guidebook
- The 8 best ab trainers – advice
- The 10 best penny boards – How to
- The 8 best yoga mats – How to guide
- The 10 best treadmills – advice
- The 10 best rowing machines – How to
- The 10 best back extensions – guidebook