Young people from the age of 14 are allowed to ride an electric longboard. Find out here what you need to look out for when buying an electric longboard. Our checklist will help you gain an initial overview. Then you can safely and purposefully select the right electric longboard from our product recommendations.
With our guide, you can make a well-founded decision today and soon start riding and enjoying the wind.
- Electric longboards are not limited in speed.
- However, for safety reasons, an electric longboard for kids should not be able to go faster than 20 km/h.
- Electric longboards can be equipped with two types of motors. Both variants have their advantages and disadvantages. In both cases, the total power should not be less than 150 watts .
- An in-wheel motor sits inside the tire. The driving force is therefore generated in the tire. As a result, the longboard loses weight and is narrower, since a dedicated motor is obsolete. However, it is more difficult to replace the motor or motors. The sleeve, the actual tire, is also thinner, which causes the board to lose grip.
- A classic hub motor , which is integrated under or in the board, increases the weight, but also increases the ride comfort . Overall, a dedicated motor can also score with more efficient energy.
- The battery of the electric longboard is crucial for its range, but since the weight of the rider as well as the terrain (slope and surface) have an enormous influence on the energy demand of the motor, the capacity of the battery is not the only decisive factor for the range.
- Depending on the motor, rider weight, and slope, an e-longboard can last between 1 and 3 hours. Batteries with a capacity of 24 volts are considered standard. Some can also hold 36 volts! Make sure that the charging time is as short as possible.
- Some boards need to plug in for 5 hours to refresh their battery cells!
- The speed of an electric longboard is regulated by remote control. This should be equipped with prominent buttons as well as a wrist strap. Some models are controlled via smartphone (Bluetooth), but this transmission is considered less stable!
- The rider determines the direction of travel by shifting weight. In order for the longboard to interpret the commands correctly, the supported weight limits must be observed. For example, if the child is too light, the board does not perceive the control commands .
- Electric longboards are not approved for road use! Discuss the use of the board with your child.
- Only on private property as well as in selected vehicle fleets the offspring may turn.
- Due to the high speed that an electric longboard can develop, a helmet and protectors for the knees, wrists and elbows should be worn in any case. It is best to buy these separately and make sure that they fit the wearer perfectly.
Table of contents
Recommended Electric Longboards
Here you can find the top 10 among the most popular electric longboards.
Tip: You don’t want an electric model after all? You can find the best longboards in our longboard guide.
The Best Sellers Of Electric Longboards
We have compiled the most popular electric longboards for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: E-skateboards are a good alternative. You can find the right board in our e-skateboard guide.
Current Offers For Electric Longboards
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the electric longboards section.
FAQ For Electric Longboards
E-boards are allowed in principle, but you are not allowed to ride them on public roads. Therefore, choose a suitable private area for your rides.
The cost of an e-longboard ranges from 120 to 500 euros. If you are unsure which e-longboard is of good quality and fits your needs, feel free to check out our product guide on the topic. There you will find a comprehensive checklist and suitable product recommendations, so that you can make your choice today.
Since e-boards do not have a road permit, you are unfortunately only allowed to enjoy the airstream on your electric board on private property.
With an electric longboard, the equipment is especially important, for example, the battery and the motor power. If you are unsure which models are really good, the checklist in our product guide can help you. You will also find special product recommendations so that you can quickly find the right e-longboard.
Which electric longboard is the best, can not be answered in general, because each person has different preferences, knowledge and needs. Recommendable are e.g. e-longboards from COLORWAY or NEOMOTION or Ninestep. If you are unsure, our product guide with specific product recommendations and a checklist with the most important purchase criteria can certainly help you.
The speed of an electric longboard varies. Beginners in particular should initially choose slower models (20 km/h). Those who already have more experience and can operate the board safely can look at e-longboards that manage 40 to 50 km/h. As a general rule, don’t forget your helmet and pads.
More On The Topic
- The 11 best e-scooters with road approval in Austria
- The 11 best e-scooters with road approval in Germany
- The 6 best E-Mountainbikes
- The 6 best E-SCOOTERs with registration in Germany
- The 5 best E-Scooters for children
- The 10 best hoverboards
- The 12 best hoverboards for kids
- The 7 best trekking e-bikes
- The 6 best cargo e-bikes
- The 7 best folding electric bikes
- The 8 best electric bikes from Haibike
- The 6 best 10 inch hoverboards
Helmets And Safety
- The 10 best bike helmets for kids
- The 9 best ski helmets for children
- The 10 best forestry helmets
- The 8 best shin guards
- The 8 best shin guards for children