Table of contents
Sports strollers have many advantages to offer. They are very practical, especially from toddler age, because it is smaller and less. It also rides well on a variety of surfaces and is easy to store or take anywhere. As the name suggests, a sports buggy can also be used super for jogging or inline skating.
With the help of our checklist made for you, you will learn what to consider when buying a stroller, so that child and parents feel comfortable and optimal safety is given. In addition, the product recommendations make it easier for you to choose.
The Best-Selling Sports Buggies
In this bestseller list, we have compiled the most popular sports buggies for children for you.
Checklist For Sports Buggies
- You can use sports buggies when your child is able to sit freely, i.e. from about 6 to 8 months, depending on the stage of development of your child.
- By then, your child’s back and neck muscles are sufficiently developed to prevent damage from prolonged sitting.
- Nevertheless, the seat should also be adjustable in the inclination up to the lying position, so that your child can comfortably take a nap or lie down when it no longer wants to sit.
- Note the load capacity, some models you can only use up to 15 kilograms.
- Models with a carrying capacity of up to 25 kilograms also offer a larger seating and reclining area.
- A push bar that can be adjusted in height and inclination offers you the possibility of optimally adjusting the sports buggy to your body size.
- A larger distance between the push bar and the wheels allows you to walk comfortably without accidentally stepping on the wheels.
- Storage options for diapers, drinks and other things are beneficial.
- The lower the weight and folding dimensions of the stroller, the easier it is to store it in the hallway or trunk, for example, or to carry it down or up stairs.
- Sports buggies are available with 3 or 4 wheels.
- The smaller the tires, the more maneuverable and compact the sports buggy, but the more susceptible it is to rough terrain.
- Swivel wheels allow for a particularly small turning circle, which is helpful in stores and public transportation.
- On some sports buggies, you can also lock the front tire (s), which is beneficial off-road or on cobblestones.
- Pneumatic tires are good for uneven terrain like dirt roads and cobblestones.
- Hard rubber tires are better for smooth sidewalks.
- A 5-point harness secures your child optimally from falling out.
- Test seals give you the security that the sport buggy was manufactured from pollutant-free materials.
- A parking brake should always be available so that you can safely park the stroller while waiting at traffic lights or simply on the road.
Recommended Sports Buggies
Tip: Bugaboo strollers are always a good choice. Find out all the important info in our guide.
Current Offers Of Sport Buggies
Here you can find a collection of the current offers on sport buggies.
Tip: Here you can find the best buggies with pneumatic tires
FAQ about Sportbuggys
There is no general answer to this question. Buggies for which the regular price is less than 50 euros are usually not very good. However, there are always reductions, it is important that you consider all functions and criteria. Our recommendations range from 65 to 270 euros.
It depends on what you value. Do you want a stroller replacement, or a second stroller, for smaller trips? There is no such thing as the perfect buggy, some fit your needs better than others.
It is very important that there is a flat reclining surface in the first place! It often happens that your child falls asleep in the buggy and without a reclining position, your child’s head, usually hangs out of the side of the buggy.
No! Newborns do not yet have the necessary body tension and the reclined seat of a buggy, offers them no support. The ideal solution is a baby seat that can be clicked onto the buggy using adapters.
The footmuff has slots in the back through which you can easily pull the straps of the 5-point harness system. After you have attached the footmuff, you can put your child in it, buckle it in and close the footmuff at the front.
The length of use depends on the size and weight of your child. You can use the buggy for the first time when your child can sit alone – this is around 6 to 9 months. Most buggies can be used up to a weight of 15 kilograms. You will notice that your child has become too big for the buggy when his or her head protrudes over the backrest. The more flexible the buggy’s settings, the longer it can be used.
No! Not every buggy can be fitted with a baby car seat. A buggy that is compatible with a baby car seat can be used for a long time and you are still mobile. Look in the product descriptions to see if the buggy is suitable for your baby. When buying a stroller, it is useful to get an idea on the spot. You can check how this can be pushed and also the workmanship must finally suit you. Online, the buggy is usually cheaper.
A sports buggy can be used as soon as your child can sit properly and independently. This is usually the case between 6 and 9 months.
More On The Topic
- The 9 best buggies – guide
- The 15 best buggies up to 20 kg body weight – guidebook
- The 6 best foldable travel buggies – guidebook
- The 10 best buggies for children – guidebook
Strollers and accessories
- The best strollers – guidebook
- The 9 best strollers – guidebook
- The best Hauck Runner strollers
- The 10 best 3-in-1 strollers – guidebook
- The 8 best Bugaboo strollers – guidebook
- The 5 best Maxi-Cosi strollers – guidebook
- The 8 best stroller bags – guidebook
- The 8 best stroller blankets – guidebook
- The 8 best stroller chains – guidebook
- The 8 best stroller muffs – guidebook
- The 9 best sunshades for strollers – guidebook
- The 8 best rain covers for strollers – guidebook