With an underwater scooter you can drift effortlessly through the water. When snorkeling or diving, you can explore the underwater world even longer than before. If you also have an action camera, connect it to the scooter. This way you can take fascinating pictures of your underwater adventure. Check the battery life before use so that you are prepared for the next dive.
We have compiled all the decisive purchase criteria for underwater sc ooters for you in our checklist . Once you have filtered out the most important criteria for you, you can then find the best underwater scooters for free selection in our product recommendations.
- Underwater scooters (also called Diver Propulsion Vehicle short DPV) are specified for underwater use for example diving or snorkeling.
- So it is a lot of fun to let my snorkeling dynamically drift underwater.
- Also when diving the fun is great, but there is also a second big advantage: with the scooter you save energy by letting yourself drift, which means your oxygen consumption decreases and you can enjoy the time underwater longer.
- In addition, many underwater scooters are compatible with an action camera, so you can capture many exciting images from the underwater world.
- Normally, you control the underwater sc ooter with both hands, but there are also models with one-hand control.
- The small underwater vehicles are very powerful, so an underwater sc ooter covers 1-2 meters per second, this is comparable to the performance of the women’s world champions in breaststroke or the men’s world champions in freestyle swimming.
- You can adjust the speed according to your needs by simply selecting from three options via gear shift.
- With the”Free” gear, you can glide through the water at a moderate speed.
- The”Sport” gear is more dynamic and provides fast driving fun.
- If you still haven’t had enough, you can use the”Turbo” gear to reach top speeds.
- How deep the underwater scooter can dive varies greatly. A plain model can manage about 5-10 meters, while very powerful models can dive up to 50 meters.
- Note: Even though technically the scooter can dive up to 50 meters deep, the maximum depth allowed is 40 meters.
- The battery of an underwater sc ooter lasts 30-60 minutes, depending on the model and the set speed.
- An OLED display shows you how much battery life you still have available.
- Charging the battery takes between about 6-8 hours for most devices.
- The battery itself is waterproof, but the battery compartment itself is not! Therefore, you should always change the battery on land.
- Underwater scooters range in weight between 3.5 kg and 8.5 kg.
- With higher weight usually goes a larger electric motor and thus more power bucket, but the extra weight makes it more difficult to transport.
Table of contents
Recommended Underwater Scooters
Here you can find the top 7 most popular underwater scooters.
Tip: Helpful baby supplies can be found in our guide to the best baby monitors from NUK.
The Best Sellers Of Underwater Scooters
We have compiled the most popular underwater scooters for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: Great toothbrushes are available for you in our guide to the best sonic toothbrushes from Phillips Sonicare.
Current Offers For Underwater Scooter
Here you will find a selection of current offers for underwater scooters.
FAQ About The Underwater Scooter
Prices range from €100 to over €3000. The price depends on factors such as speed, battery and depth.
The Seabob S5 SR is the fastest underwater scooter in the world with a speed of up to 22 km/h. With this device, you just fly through the water.
Most underwater scooters can dive up to 40m in depth. Some models, on the other hand, only make it to 10m. Here is the product description to read carefully.
- The 5 best electric surfboards – guidebook
- The 6 best inflatable boats with electric motor – guidebook
- The 11 best e-scooters with road approval in Austria – Guidebook
- The 11 best E-Scooters with road approval in Germany – Guidebook
- The 6 best E-SCOOTERs with registration in Germany – Guidebook
- The 10 best stunt scooters – guidebook
- The 8 best boards and e-scooters from Bluewheel – Advisor
- The 3 best e-scooters from Xiaomi – Guidebook
- The 10 best eFlux scooters with approval – guidebook
- The best e-scooters 2021 – Guidebook
- The 4 best e-scooters from Wizzard – Guidebook
- The 5 best e-scooters from Segway- Guidebook
- The 6 best e-scooters from Egret – guidebook
- The 15 best fast e-scooters without road permission – guidebook