Toy keyboards are great for giving your child their first experience with an instrument. Of course, toy keyboards come in a variety of styles. Here you can find out what really matters when buying one.
Our checklist and the concrete product recommendations will help you with your decision.
- In order not to overtax your child, you should always pay attention to the age specification of the manufacturer.
- However, many models are suitable for children as young as 1 year.
- Basically, toy keyboards are suitable up to 4 years. After that, your child can already practice playing on real keyboards for children.
- Toy keyboards serve primarily to bring children closer to the fun of music.
- Of course, these are not real instruments, but toy keyboards provide a great start to your child’s early musical development.
- What toy keyboards can do: Toy keyboards provide a lot of fun with built-in sounds and great sound effects.
- All keyboards are made of plastic.
- Toy keyboards are even available as oversized keyboard-shaped mats (sounds by running/crawling over the keys).
- Toy keyboards are also available as mini pianos or are available as mini grand pianos.
- Built-in microphone
- Integrated music (melodies, well-known songs, rhythms)
- Animal voices
- Connection for loudspeakers or headphones
- Recording function
- Keys for tempo and volume control
Table of contents
Recommended Toy Keyboards
Here you can find the top 6 among the most popular toy keyboards.
Tip: Find great music boxes for kids here.
The Best Sellers Of Toy Keyboards
We have compiled the most popular toy keyboards for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: You can find lots of great microphones for kids in our guide to microphones for kids.
Current Offers For Toy Keyboards
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the Toy Keyboards section.
FAQ For Toy Keyboards
Toy keyboards are often used as part of early musical education. In addition to the familiar key function, most models have child-friendly special functions, e.g. playable rhythms, melodies and songs (also: animal voices) or a microphone. There are, for example, the classic keyboard form, walk-on music mats or replicas of pianos and grand pianos.
Which keyboard is suitable for which child depends primarily on the age. There are especially child-friendly toy keyboards for the first discovery of music and rhythms. These usually have some special functions (e.g. animal voices) or represent oversized replicas of keyboards in the form of walk-on mats (sound by running, jumping, touching). However, there are also more classic variants that can be played like a normal keyboard, but are designed for small children’s hands.
More musical instruments for kids
- The best musical instruments for children
- The 10 best keyboards for kids
- The 6 best accordions for kids
- The 10 best ORFF instruments for kids
- The 10 best percussion instruments for kids
- The 8 best drums for children
- The 6 best xylophones for children
- The 6 best tambourines for children
- The 6 best microphones for children
- The 7 best recorders for children
- The 6 best accordions for children