Table of contents
The choice of a children’s bed is often not easy, because the choice is huge and many things must be considered. Whether princess, car or very simple, everything is there. But which mattress, which size and when is a bed safe? You can find all this out in our checklist. The product recommendations will also help you with the selection.
The Bestsellers Of Children’s Beds
We have compiled the most popular children’s beds for you in this bestseller list.
- Choose the mattress according to your child’s body weight and size. The heavier the child, the softer the mattress should be.
- Special reversible mattresses with a baby side and a toddler side can be used longer.
- Make sure that the bed has a slatted frame instead of a wooden board. This will prevent mold from forming in the mattress.
- If your child is still very young, choose a crib that protects the toddler from falling out. It is important that the bars are about 6-7 cm apart – otherwise your child could get his head caught between the bars.
- On some bed models, the bars can be removed on one side so that your child can climb in and out of the bed on his own as soon as he is old enough.
- Choose a sturdy material so that the crib can withstand jumping and romping without any problems. Beds made of solid wood are usually sturdier.
- Make sure that no harmful paints are used in the bed, there are no sharp edges and no loose screws or small parts are installed – there is a risk of swallowing.
- Quality seals such as the “blue angel” help you to find a bed made of sustainable and harmless materials.
- Make sure the bed is the right size: it should be large enough for your child to lie comfortably in two years from now, but not too large so that he or she doesn’t feel lost. There should be at least 10 cm of space at the head end and at the feet.
- Babies and toddlers usually sleep on a mattress that is 60×120 cm. From the age of 4 years, a mattress with a length of 140 cm is suitable. If your child attends elementary school, it’s time for a standard 90×200 cm mattress.
- Size-adjustable children’s beds are practical. Your child can use them from toddler age until the end of elementary school.
Recommended Children’s Beds
Here you can find the top 45 among the most popular children’s beds.
Keine Produkte gefunden.
Tip: You can find great children’s bedding in our guide to children’s bedding
Current Offers For Cribs
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the area of children’s beds.
Tip: Beds for children in 70 x140 cm you will find in our guide for children‘s beds
FAQ About Cribs
A real crib comes into question at about 2 to 3 years. Then your child usually already knows exactly that it should remain lying.
A crib in the size 140 x 70 cm can usually be used up to 4 years. Of course, it depends primarily on the body size, which should not exceed 100 cm for this bed size.
From the crib can be changed between 2 and 3 years to a crib. However, the development of your child must also be taken into account in order to choose the ideal time.
For a crib 90 x 200 cm should of course also choose a mattress in this size. For example, cold foam or foam is very good. In addition, the mattress must be adapted to the body weight of your child.
Common crib sizes are 60 x 120 cm, 70 x 140 cm and 90 x 200 cm. The first size comes into question approximately from 0-3 years, the second between 4 and 6 years and the third from school. There should be at least 10 cm free in the front and back.
A crib can be changed at about 2 to 3 years. However, crib rails can also be removed for the first time. You should do this if your child tries to climb over them to avoid injuries.
More On The Topic
- The 7 best cribs for girls – guidebook
- The 8 best kids beds for boys – guidebook
- The 7 best children’s beds in 70 x 140 cm – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s beds in 90 x 200 cm – guidebook
- The 7 best home cribs for children – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bedding sets – guidebook
- The 9 best nursery wardrobes – guidebook
- The best furniture for the baby and children’s room – guidebook
- The 11 best wallpapers for children’s room – guidebook
- The 12 most popular wall stickers for children – guidebook
- The 15 best teepee tents for kids – How to guide
- The 15 best seating groups for children – guidebook
- The 12 best sofas for children – guidebook
- The 12 best play tables for children – guidebook
- The 15 best tables for children – guidebook
- The 8 best dressing tables for children – guidebook
- The 13 best armchairs for children – guidebook
- The 12 best beanbags for children – guidebook
- The 14 best night lights for children – guidebook