Generations of parents ask themselves, again and again, these questions: Which childbed is suitable for my boy and how should it look like? Since the choice is now almost limitless, it can take a long time to find a crib that your boy also visually pleases. Of course, you should not ignore other important aspects and, for example, also pay attention to high-quality material .
In our checklist we show you what you should also consider when buying a crib for boys. The product recommendations can also be an important support here.
- Children’s beds for boys are available in various designs, for example, as a car, fire truck, bus, pirate bed or knight’s castle.
- A mattress size of 140 x 70 cm is suitable up to an age of 3 to 4 years.
- 190 x 90 cm is the standard size and mandatory from about 4 years, so that your child has enough space.
- Children’s beds for boys are available as loft beds, as classic beds, with drawers and pull-out guest mattress.
- A slide or an adventure bed offer extra fun in the children’s room!
- Roll-up slats are very stable slats attached to a strap, which are especially suitable for loft beds.
- Roll-upslats are also easy to transport because they roll up as a portable package.
- Slatted frames come in a variety of designs, for example, with an adjustable headboard or slats that can be adjusted in thickness in the lying area.
- Slatted frames give way when lying down, roll-up frames are not flexible.
- Some children’s beds do not require a slatted frame. The mattress is then placed instead on a stable board, which is provided with air holes so that the air can circulate.
- Solid wood is the most sturdy, but also the most expensive.
- MDF boards are also very sturdy and durable.
- Cribs made of particle board are the cheapest and lightest, but less sturdy.
- In any case, make sure that the materials are free of harmful substances.
- Harmful substances can be present in varnishes and oils (in the case of oiled natural wood) and are absorbed through vapors or the mouth .
- Ideally, let the new crib air out for a few hours with the window open.
- To ensure a safe stand , make sure the surface is level and always assemble the crib according to the manufacturer’s instructions!
- Sharp edges and corners or protruding screws and nails are a serious risk of injury. Eliminate them immediately!
Table of contents
Recommended Cribs For Boys
Here you can find the top 8 among the most popular cribs for boys.
Tip: Here you can find the most popular home cribs.
The Best Sellers Of Cribs For Boys
We have compiled the most popular kids beds for boys for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: So that your child has it nice and cozy in bed, you can find the best children’s bedding setshere.
Current Offers For Cribs For Boys
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the area of cribs for boys.
FAQ About Cribs For Boys
Ultimately, you should clarify together with your boy which bed is suitable for him. Perhaps he would prefer a classic bed frame without a particular design. However, he may also want a great themed bed, reminiscent of a knight’s castle or the shape of a car
The general standard size for a 4-year-old child is 190 x 90 cm. Accordingly, you can use this as a guide when you are looking for a suitable crib
Solid wood is the most suitable, because it is very stable and therefore has a certain strength. In any case, you should make sure that the crib was not processed with harmful paints, so that your child does not accidentally inhale toxic odors
Among other things, there are so-called play beds, which can have a certain shape. You can also purchase a loft bed, which, however, due to the height makes it necessary to attach a fall-out protection, unless the loft bed already has an integrated protection anyway. It is therefore more suitable for older children who can already independently make their way to the loft bed via the ladder. You can also purchase bunk beds or beds with compartments where your boy can store various items
In order for your child to sleep comfortably and undisturbed, he or she will need a mattress and a slatted frame in addition to the bed frame. In most cases, however, you only need to purchase the mattress separately. It is necessary to adjust it to the size of the bed. Finally, you need the matching bed linen. Many boys like them with car or animal motifs, for example
You should regularly dust under the bed, because experience shows that a lot of dirt and dust accumulates there. If you do not do this, your child may get sick. You should also regularly wipe the bed with a damp cloth. This is especially true if your child has a cold and spreads bacteria all over the bed
When you order the bed on the Internet, it always comes with instructions on how to assemble the bed. You should pay close attention that all screws are tight and the bed is stable, so that your child does not accidentally hurt himself or the bed wobbles when moving
More On The Topic
- The 45 best cribs – guide
- The 7 best fitted sheets for cribs – guidebook
- The 10 best Montessori beds for kids – guidebook
- The 7 best cribs for girls – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s beds in 90 x 200 cm – guidebook
- The 7 best children’s beds in 70 x 140 cm – guidebook
- The 7 best loft beds for children – guidebook
- The 9 best travel beds – guidebook
- The 9 best loft beds with slide – Guidebook
- The 7 best baby beds – guidebook
- The 10 best car beds – guidebook
- The 9 best side beds for babies – guidebook
- The 9 best baby mattresses – guidebook
- The 9 best mattresses for children – guidebook
- The 7 best baby mattresses – guidebook
- The 7 best highchairs for children – guidebook
- The 10 best complete baby rooms – guidebook
- The 7 best mobile changing tables – How to guide
- The 10 best changing tables – guidebook
- The 9 best nursery wardrobes – guidebook
- The best furniture for the baby and children’s room – guidebook
- The 11 best wallpapers for the nursery – guidebook
- The 10 best star lights for the nursery – Guidebook
- The 15 best lamps for children’s rooms – guidebook
- The 8 best climbing walls for the nursery – Guidebook
- The 9 best diaper pails – guidebook
- The 8 best bassinets for babies – guidebook
- The 7 best wooden rocking horses – Guidebook
- The 8 best rocking horses – guidebook
- The 9 best corner and edge protection products – guidebook
- The 8 best fall out safety gates for cribs – How to guide
- The 10 best safety gates for stairs – Advisor
- The 10 best door safety gates – Advisor
- The 15 best child-proof locks for sockets – Guidebook
- The 15 best child safety locks in the household – Guidebook
- The 10 best child safety locks for windows – Guidebook