As a parent, you will probably sooner or later face the decision to buy a 70 x 140 cm mattress for your child. We show you what to look for when buying and which mattress size is suitable for which age. We want to help you by presenting a checklist with the most important facts about 70 x 140 cm mattresses and also direct product recommendations. Have fun browsing!
- Children’s mattresses with dimensions of 70 x 140 cm are ideal for babies and for kids with a body length of up to one meter; age approximately from 3, 4 years. Rule of thumb: height child + 20 cm or more = optimal mattress length.
- Foam, cold foam, latex or coconut act as typical materials for the mattress core.
- Foamand cold foam mattresses are made of polyurethane (PU). Cold foam: higher quality, very good point elasticity; foam: lighter and cheaper, but poorer sleeping climate.
- Latex, coconut and latex-coconut mattresses are considered extremely high quality. Characteristics: Top sleeping climate, best ventilation, good hardness, durability, high weight, costly.
- Freedom from harmful substances must be guaranteed. Look for certificates and seals such as Oeko-Tex Standard 100, TÜV or GS.
- Integrated moisture protection prevents liquid from penetrating deep inside the mattress in the event of a “faux-pas”.
- A cover that can be removed and washed at at least 60 °C is elementary; a circumferential zipper facilitates handling.
- Natural and synthetic fiber blend as a cover material perfectly, combines all the main pros: soft feel thanks to the natural fibers, breathability and ease of care especially by the synthetic fibers.
- Never choosetoo soft . Risk of suffocation – especially for babies and kids who often lie on their stomachs. Impaired spinal development is also a risk.
- Rules of thumb: Baby’s head may sink in a maximum of 2 to 3 cm, child’s body a maximum of 3 to 4 cm.
- Donot use a mattress that is too hard in order to maintain lying comfort.
- Conclusion: Take the golden mean, a medium degree of firmness.
- 11 cm upwards is a good value to cushion the child’s wild romping and playing on the mattress.
- Volume weight (RG) is a key figure for the dimensional stability as well as the durability of the mattress; it indicates how many kilograms of raw mass per cubic meter of foam (material) have been foamed.
- Thehigher the density, the more stable the mattress.
- Values from 30 kg/m³ are good.
- You want the children’s mattress with 70 x 140 cm for a baby? Then the sleeping pad must have a sturdy kick edge. The reinforced outer edge ensures that your offspring cannot slip between the mattress and the grid or get trapped and squashed.
Table of contents
Recommended Mattresses In 70×140 cm
We have collected the best and most interesting mattresses in 70×140 cm. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: The sun has power, so you can find here our guide for children’s sunglasses on.
The Best Sellers Of Mattresses In 70×140 cm
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular mattresses in 70×140 cm for you.
Tip: For a great start to the day, check out our guide to coffee grinders.
Current Offers Of Mattresses 70×140 cm
You can find the best current offers of mattresses in 70×140 cm in this list.
Keine Produkte gefunden.
FAQ About Children Mattresses
There are different standards by which the “best” mattress can be determined. Either way, it depends on your personal requirements. Take a look at our product recommendations above.
For children over the age of 5, larger mattresses are more suitable. The dimensions 70 x 140 cm are usually intended for children around 3, 4 years. Here, the individual body size should be taken into account.
Here, an approximate height of 11 cm upwards is suitable.
Mattresses in the size 60 x 120 cm are suitable for children up to 3, 4 years.
children’s mattresses in size 70 x 140 cm are suitable up to 6 years.
mattressesin 90 x 200 cm are suitable for children aged 7 years and up.
It is recommended that the height is not less than 11 cm.
Various factors are relevant here: Material, size, height, degree of hardness. You can find the most important information above in our list.
A medium degree of hardness is always recommended. If mattresses are too soft, the child will quickly sink in and there is a risk of suffocation. If they are too hard, sleeping comfort suffers.
It is always advisable to pay attention to seals. Test seals such as Oeko-Tex, TÜV or GS are relevant here.
More On The Subject
- The 9 best baby mattresses – guidebook
- Artländer Aro Sanistar baby and child mattress
- Träumeland Softwash baby mattress
- Malie Benjamin mattress
- The 5 best mattresses in 90×200 cm – guidebook
- The 5 best mattresses in 60×120 cm – guidebook
- The 7 best baby mattresses – guidebook
- The 10 best air mattresses for swimming – guidebook