Table of contents
Mattresses in 90×200 cm are the right choice for teenage adolescents. They are also suitable for narrow beds in small apartments.
You can find all important information about mattresses in 90×200 cm in our checklist. You can find a selection of good mattresses in our product recommendations
- Mattresses are made of foam, cold foam, latex, coconut or mixed material.
- Foam mattresses are inexpensive, but offer a poorer sleeping climate than cold foam mattresses, which are, however, somewhat more expensive.
- An optimal sleeping climate is provided by the more expensive coconut and latex mattresses or a mixture of them.
- A good sleeping climate means that the air can circulate freely and moisture is removed.
- The mattress should be protected with a washable cover, especially for children.
- If the mattress is too hard or too soft, sleep is not very restful and spinal problems can arise.
- A medium firmness level is optimal for children.
- Basically, it is recommended that the mattress should be 20 centimeters longer than the body size.
- A mattress with 90 x 200 centimeters is recommended from the age of 4 to 5, before that mattresses with 70 x 140 centimeters are often sufficient.
- 90 centimeters wide provide plenty of room to turn and move, even for stronger and larger children.
- In addition, the mattress should not be too low, so that it can withstand the romp and is comfortable.
- Mattresses from 11 centimeters high are suitable for children.
- In addition, the volume weight (RG) plays a role. You can find this information in the article description of the mattress. The volume weight indicates how much material was foamed to produce the mattress. The higher the value, the more durable and dimensionally stable the mattress. Choose mattresses with a volume weight of 30 kilograms per cubic meter or more.
- Look for test seals such as Oeko-Tex, TÜV and GS to be sure that there are no harmful substances in the mattress.
- Pollutants can enter the body through the respiratory tract and through skin contact, causing allergies or illness.
- Mattresses of small children should have a reinforced kick edge (border). This prevents the mattress from giving way at the edge and your child slipping between the bed frame and mattress and getting trapped there.
Recommended Mattresses In 90×200 cm
We have collected the best and most interesting mattresses in 90×200 cm. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: You can find many great learning materials in our guide to Montessori materials.
The Best Sellers Of Mattresses In 90×200 cm
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular mattresses in 90×200 cm for you.
Tip: You can find practical meal prep boxes in our guide to meal prep boxes.
Current Offers Of Mattresses 90×200 cm
You can find the best current offers of mattresses in 90×200 cm in this list.
FAQ About Children Mattresses
Children’s mattresses – what to consider?
Children’s mattresses should be made of breathable material such as foam or cold foam. Good workmanship is guaranteed by test seals from Stiftung Warentest, for example. The degree of hardness depends on the individual taste of the child, the same applies to the size: The mattress should be about 20 cm longer than the height of the child.
Which children’s mattresses are good?
Good children’s mattresses vary in taste with regard to length and degree of hardness. Basically, high-quality children’s mattresses are marked by test seals. You can find a great selection of good children’s mattresses in 90 x 200 cm in our product recommendations.
Which mattress for 3-year-olds?
For 3-year-old children, a mattress of 70 x 140 cm is recommended. However, it is also possible to switch directly to a mattress of 90 x 200 cm, so there is no need to change the size of the bed and mattress until the teenage years.
What does a mattress 90 x 200 cm weigh?
The weight varies, depending on the material, between 15 and 60 kg.
What mattress for the crib?
The mattress must be compatible in size with the crib, otherwise the choice of the right mattress depends mainly on the child. You can find a wide selection of different children’s mattresses in 90 x 200 cm in our product recommendations.
More On The Topic
- The 9 best baby mattresses – guidebook
- The 5 best mattresses in 70×140 cm – guidebook
- The 5 best mattresses in 60×120 cm – guidebook
- The 9 best children’s mattresses – guidebook
- The 10 best air mattresses for swimming – guidebook
- Babybay Original rollaway bed
- Fabimax Basic rollaway bed
- Babybay Maxi extra bed
- Infantastic travel cot
- Crib Cuba
- Dreamgood rollaway bed
- Hauck Dreamer rollaway bed