An own playhouse is the dream of every child. Here your child can be creative without being disturbed and has its own little area that it can decorate as it wishes. However, not every house is ideal for all children. The location of the children’s playhouse must also be planned before construction. Should the house be placed indoors or outdoors and what place is appropriate for this?
We have tried to answer these questions for you in a checklist. The product recommendations also show you specifically which different houses are available on the market and how they differ from each other.
Table of contents
The Best-selling Children’s Playhouses
In this bestseller list, we have compiled the most popular children’s playhouses for you.
Checklist For Children’s Playhouses
- The safety of your child must be considered in any case when buying a children’s playhouse, otherwise they could quickly get hurt. You should place the children’s playhouse so that you have a good view of your children. Tip: However, do not monitor them, but continue to pursue your own activities.
- Age recommendation: A playhouse is only conditionally suitable for small children, especially if it is outside. However, many indoor playhouses are suitable for children as young as 2 years old.
- Material: Wood is the most suitable material, as it allows for quick assembly and disassembly if you want to change the location of the house later. However, this must necessarily be of high quality , as it can quickly become rotten or brittle outside. So make sure that the wood is weather-resistant, if you want to build the children’s house outside. However, it may well be made of high-quality plastic or even cardboard.
- Construction: If you are not confident in building it yourself, you can also hire a professional. This way you can make sure that your child’s house does not have any defects.
- Location: If the children’s playhouse is outside, it should not be too exposed to the sun. If the house contains metal parts, your child could get burned.
- There are no fixed rules that must be followed. Instead, your child can give free rein to his creativity and come up with imaginative stories with other children. Especially popular here in the context of a playhouse is the game “Father, Mother, Child”.
- In addition, the whole family can participate in the design of the house. You can paint the house colorfully together with your child, put decorations and design the interior. There are no limits to the imagination.
- Many children also like to withdraw once in a while and for this reason love caves, small houses or tents. Therefore, a children’s playhouse can be an additional place of retreat to the children’s room.
- Among other things, there are indoor houses in which your child can retreat. Likewise, outdoor houses can be purchased, which can also be expanded with climbing elements or play equipment (e.g. a slide). Also stilt houses or garden houses would surely please your child.
Recommended Children’s Playhouses
Tip: You want to encourage your child? Here you can find the right educational toys.
Current Offers Of Children’s Playhouses
Here you can find a collection of current offers of children’s playhouses.
Tip: For more play fun, check out a wooden dollhouse here.
FAQ For Children Playhouses
First you have to check what is specified in the state building code. For example, in NRW, if you build a house that is larger than 30 m³, you need a permit. However, children’s playhouses are usually much smaller. The height can also be accompanied by restrictions; from a height of 2m, one must observe the distance area regulations of the respective federal state. One should therefore inform oneself comprehensively before buying or building the house. It should also be noted the safety aspect, a high fall height poses a risk to children and one should take additional safety precautions. DIN EN 1176 prescribes how it must be built in public areas (also: accessible playgrounds of residential complexes).
In addition to completely independent planning, you can also buy ready-made kits. In addition, houses made of cardboard boxes come into question, these can be designed with the children (for example, painted). However, they are not so stable and durable. They will also quickly give up the ghost in the garden, since cardboard is not weather resistant. If you want to save yourself work and still have a safe as well as durable playhouse, you should look for a complete solution. We have picked out the best and most popular playhouses for indoors and outdoors and summarized them in our guide.
A children’s playhouse is mainly suitable for older children, as they can already move around better and do not need to be constantly supervised. However, younger children from the age of 3 can spend time in an indoor playhouse without hesitation.
More On The Topic
Toys for children
- Recommended toys from 1 year
- Recommended toys from 2 years
- Recommended toys from 3 years
- Recommended toys from 5 years
- Recommended toys from 6 years
- Recommended toy collection
- Recommended toy gifts