Children’s seating groups not only look great in the children’s room but can be used in different ways. So the table can be set, your child can paint, craft, and knead on it or the table is converted into a cave with a blanket on it. So your child is guaranteed not to be bored.
Nevertheless, there are a few things to consider when buying, which you can easily master with the help of our checklist. In addition, the product recommendations below show you the best 15 seating groups for children.
- Children’s seating groups usually consist of a table and several chairs.
- Sometimes it includes a children’s bench, which has additional storage space.
- The table may also have drawers or a compartment.
- Your kids will be happy to have their own place to eat, draw and do crafts.
- The seating group can be placed in any room: the children’s room, the kitchen or the living room.
- Some children’s seating groups are also suitable for the balcony or terrace.
- Table and chairs can be colorful or in a natural tone.
- Childish motifs are popular.
- Children’s seating groups are often made of wood. This is an environmentally friendly material, especially if it has the FSC label.
- Less expensive materials such as MDF and plastic are also used.
- In order for the table and chairs to perfectly fit the height of your children, the manufacturer indicates which age group the seating group is suitable for.
- For children from 1 to 3 years with a height of 80 to 100 cm, the ideal table height is 40 to 46 cm and the chair height is 21 to 26 cm.
- For children 4 to 6 years old with a height of 100 to 120 cm, the ideal table height is 46 to 56 cm and the chair height is 26 to 32 cm.
- Many tables also offer additional compartments in which any toys can be stored to save space.
- The children’s seating group must be sufficiently stable.
- Good workmanship ensures that nothing wobbles.
- Chairs are tip-proof if the angle of the chair legs is greater than 90 degrees.
- Wood splinters on wooden furniture and burrs on plastic furniture do not indicate good quality because of the risk of injury.
- This also applies to table and chair edges that are not rounded.
- The paints used must be free of harmful substances.
- A water-based paint is recommended.
- The most important test seal for children’s furniture is the GS mark. It stands for tested safety.
Table of contents
Recommended Seating Groups For Children
We have compiled the best and most interesting seating groups for children. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: You can discover the best wooden toys here
The Best Sellers Of Seating Groups For Children
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular seating groups for children for you.
Tip: You want to make the children’s room something special? Then check out our guide to wall stickers.
Current Offers Of Seating Groups For Children
You can find the best current offers on seating groups for kids in this list.
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
A children’s seating group is a group of seating furniture and a children’s table that are suitable for small children. The seating furniture can be a children’s bench, a children’s chair or even a children’s stool.
Children’s seating groups made of plastic usually cost between 20 and 130 euros. Wooden seating groups cost between 25 and 450 euros.
There are children’s seating groups already from 12 months.
First you should be clear whether the children’s seating group should be for outdoors or indoors. Otherwise, pay attention to test seals. You can make the choice according to your taste and that of your child. Products that are made in Germany are mostly of very good quality.
More On The Topic
- The best furniture for the baby and children’s room – guidebook
- The 11 best wallpapers for the nursery – guidebook
- The 10 best star lights for the nursery – Guidebook
- The 15 best lamps for children’s rooms – Guidebook
- The 9 best wardrobes for children’s rooms – guidebook
- The 8 best climbing walls for children’s room – guidebook
- The 9 best cribs for babies – guidebook
- The 10 best waveboards for kids – How to guide
- The 9 best inline skates for kids – How to guide
- The 9 best rollerblades for kids – guidebook
- The 8 best wave slides – guidebook
- The 10 best play towers with slide – guidebook
- The best bicycles for children – guidebook
- The 10 best penny boards – guidebook
- The 12 best hoverboards for children – guidebook
- The 5 best pedal tractors – guidebook
- The 9 best children’s slides – guidebook
- The 12 best children’s playhouses – guidebook
- The 15 best teepee tents for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best mud kitchens for children – guidebook