Night light for the socket is not only small and practical but can also take away your child’s fear of the dark. In addition, the night light with appealing motifs provides a beautiful decoration. The dimmed light additionally promotes this pleasant and calming atmosphere so that your child is soon no longer afraid and you can then also sleep more calmly at night.
We have created a suitable checklist, which informs you in more detail about night lights for the socket. With the help of our product recommendations, you will surely find the perfect night light for your child.
- Infants do not develop a fear of the dark until they are about three years old. Of course, a nightlight can be useful from babyhood onwards to make nighttime breastfeeding and diaper changes easier.
- Butnightlights are also an indispensable helper, regardless of your child’s age, to provide orientation at night. This prevents accidents in the dark.
- Night lights usually have a manageable size of about 10 cm in length or height.
- However, models that are placed on a nightstand like a conventional lamp can be significantly larger.
- Night lights that plug directly into the wall socket take up extremely little space.
- Night lights are often square or rectangular in shape, but some models are also round or elliptical in shape.
- If the night light is to be used exclusively in the children’s room, you can also opt for a model with an animal motif.
- Night lights are usually mains powered and therefore do notrequire batteries.
- If you specifically want a battery-powered model, you will be able to find this option as well.
- Another common option for power supply is via USB connection. For this you need a smartphone charger and a USB cable.
- The light source is an LED, which – depending on the model – can provide up to 100,000 operating hours. LEDs not only have the advantage of low power consumption, they also do not flicker, which is often perceived as annoying.
- Many models can be turned on and off with a single button on the nightlight ‘s housing. More convenience is offered by night lights that are equipped with a light sensor and regulate the light intensity themselves based on the lighting conditions.
- Still other night lights have a slider that can be used to adjust the brightness precisely.
- More extensive LED nightlights are also available with up to 16 RGB color options that create an individual lighting mood. Such models usually have a remote control, which makes the control even more convenient.
Table of contents
Recommended Night Lights
We have compiled the best and most interesting night lights. You can find the list of our product recommendations here.
Tip: Here you can find the best star lights for your child’s room.
The Best Sellers Of Night Lights
In a list of best-sellers, we have compiled the most popular night lights for you.
Tip: In this article, you will learn more about the best night lights for children.
Current Offers Of Night Lights
You can find the best current offers on night lights in this list.
FAQ Frequently Asked Questions
A night light for the socket, as the name suggests, is plugged into the socket. It provides a dim light in the room at night, so your baby or child doesn’t have to be afraid of the dark anymore.
The night light is constantly supplied with electricity and can be taken anywhere. In addition, it is inexpensive and does not consume much electricity.
There is no general answer to this question. In principle, a night light can always be helpful so that you can find your way around the dark nursery at night. Especially if your baby is still very small and you have to change diapers several times a night, the light can give you a good orientation. Children start to be afraid of the dark from the age of three. From then on, the use of such a night light for the socket can be useful.
A night light for the socket can cost between 15 and 25 euros, depending on the design.
A night light for the socket is usually about 10 cm long or high. Thus, this is quite small and does not take up space in the children’s room.
Night lights for the socket can be square, angular or round. In addition, you can choose between many different motifs. Animal motifs, for example, are very popular with children.
The night light has an LED, which should not be too bright, so that your child is not disturbed by the light and can sleep peacefully through the night. Glaring lights in bright colors should therefore be avoided.
You should use a night light as long as your child feels uncomfortable without it in the room. Therefore, no specific age can be given as to when is the right time to get rid of the light. Therefore, the light can be a good orientation aid at night for your child for several years.
Some models can be controlled with a remote control. Basically, the night light can be switched on and off with a switch. With some models, you can also adjust the brightness manually. Even better are nightlights with a sensor that adjusts the brightness independently.
Since the light is plugged into the wall socket, you don’t need any additional batteries. The integrated LED is also very environmentally friendly and can provide up to 100,000 hours of power.
- The 14 best night lights for children – guidebook
- The 45 best children’s beds – guide
- The 10 best children’s bedding sets – guidebook
- The 9 best baby mattresses – guidebook
- The 9 best cribs for babies – advice
- The 10 best baby alarm clocks – advice
- The best sleep aids for babies – guidebook
- The 10 best star lights for the nursery – How to buy
- The 7 best fitted sheets for cribs – How to guide
- The 7 best cribs for girls – guidebook
- The 8 best cribs for boys – guidebook
- The 7 best home cribs for children – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s beds in 90 x 200 cm – guidebook
- The 7 best children’s beds in 70 x 140 cm – guidebook
- The 9 best corner and edge protection products – Guidebook
- The 10 best stair guards – Advisor
- The 10 best door safety gates – Advisor
- The 8 best child safety gates for children’s beds – guidebook
- The 15 best child safety locks in the household – Advisor
- The 15 best child-proof locks for sockets – Guidebook
- The 10 best child-proof locks for cupboards – guidebook
- The 10 best child-proof locks for windows – Guidebook
- The best furniture for the baby and children’s room – guidebook
- The 13 best armchairs for children – guidebook
- The 10 best hanging chairs for children – How to guide
- The 11 best wallpapers for children’s room – guidebook
- The 9 best wardrobes for children’s rooms – guidebook
- The 12 best sofas for children – How to guide
- The 15 best lamps for children’s rooms – How to choose
- The 15 best seating groups for children – guidebook
- The 8 best desks for children – guidebook
- The 12 best play tables for children – guidebook