A children’s room should first and foremost please your child. For example, if he wants certain motifs or a redesign, you need to go in search of the right wallpaper. You can find out the most important criteria in our checklist. The product recommendations below will also help you find your desired product.
- Children’s wallpaper you can choose in 3 different types. It is offered paper, non-woven and vinyl.
- Paper wall paper is available smooth and rough. Both have the advantage that it is easy to wipe off in case of stains. Either the paper wallpaper consists of one or two layers.
- Non-woven wallpaper, on the other hand, is much more robust. It is also easier to apply to the wall, because, unlike paper, it is dry taping, which gives more time and peace of mind. However, due to the pluses non-woven wallpaper is more expensive.
- The last variant vinyl occurs in combination with paper or non-woven. Vinyl serves as a protective layer over one of the two materials and is therefore also very stable. However, as with paper, you have to work faster because the wallpaper is applied in a wet state and vinyl is more harmful to the environment.
- Absolutely you should pay attention to test seals (e.g. TÜV), so that the material is free of harmful substances.
- Children’s tastes change quite quickly depending on their stage of life, so removing the wallpaper should be quick and easy.
- Paper wallpaper must be treated with water or special wallpaper solvent beforehand, but is easy to remove afterward.
- Non-woven, on the other hand, you can peel off dry from the wall. It is also possible to paint over the non-woven wallpaper.
- The procedure for vinyl is similar to that for non-woven. You pull off the dry vinyl layer, but the paper or fleece underneath remains on it. This is a good idea if you want to redecorate.
- The wallpaper should be selected primarily according to the taste and interests of your child. If your child is still too young, we recommend simple patterns, so you do not have to constantly re-wallpaper because it no longer pleases.
- Wallpaper with favorite print (for example, animals or certain themes) are very popular with most children. In addition, different shapes and patterns such as stars are often used.
- If you want to highlight something in particular, 3D or photo wallpapers are super suitable. They provide for great effects and put people in amazement.
- Alternatively, you can also design a child’s room with Wall tattoos if your child wants a different design or currently has certain favorite heroes/characters.
Table of contents
Recommended Wallpapers For Children’s Room
We have collected the best and most interesting wallpapers for children’s room. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: Great play tents can be found in our guide to teepee tents for children.
The Best Sellers Of Wallpapers For Children’s Room
In a list of bestsellers we have collected the most popular wallpapers for children’s room for you.
Tip: You can discover many play options for different age groups in our guide to toys for children.
Current Offers Of Wallpaper For Children’s Room
You can find the best current offers of wallpapers for children’s room in this list.
FAQ For Wallpaper
Which wallpaper is the best depends on the room to be wallpapered. For example, there are particularly light-resistant variants, if the sun shines increasingly into the room. In rooms where there is a lot of dust and dirt, a robust wallpaper should be chosen that can withstand scrubbing and cleaning. The material of the wallpaper should also be chosen individually. While paper wallpaper is cheaper and more environmentally friendly, the removal is rather tedious due to treatment with water and scraping. Non-woven wallpapers, in contrast, are more expensive, but they can be removed dry and are more robust overall. However, a disadvantage may be that they are slightly transparent and rather can not be wallpapered over.
How to remove wallpaper depends on the type or material of the wallpaper. Paper wallpaper should be treated with water, so that the paper softens and can be removed or scraped off. You can also add a little detergent. Variants made of non-woven are usually removable even in dry condition.
How long a wallpaper must dry depends, among other things, on the substrate, the characteristics of the room and the paste used. Usually one day is sufficient before painting. But it can also take up to 3 days. Therefore, you should act according to the circumstances and the manufacturer’s instructions,
Strong wrinkles can unfortunately only be removed by peeling off the wallpaper in this area and reapplying it. Smaller defects can be repaired partly with a wallpaper brush or, if necessary, with a wallpaper roller.
More On The Topic
Everything For The Children’s Room
- The 45 best children’s beds – guide
- The 9 best wardrobes for children’s rooms – guidebook
- The 15 best tables for children – guidebook
- The 15 best seating groups for children – Guidebook
- The 14 best night lights for children – guidebook
- The 7 best mobile changing tables – guidebook
- The 10 best changing tables – guidebook
- The 15 best indoor climbing frames for children – guidebook
- The 5 best Pikler triangles for children – How to guide
- The 9 best ball baths for babies – advice
- The 8 best desks for children – guidebook
- The best furniture for the baby and children’s room – guidebook
- The 10 best star lights for children’s room – Guidebook
- The 15 best nursery lamps – guidebook
- The 5 best kitchens for children – guidebook
- The 10 best doctor’s cases for children – Guidebook
- The 15 best doll houses – guidebook
- The 8 best wooden marble runs – guidebook
- The 15 best children’s workbenches – guidebook
- The 10 most popular cuddly toys for children – Guidebook
- The 10 best toy stores – guidebook
- The 20 best toys from 1 year – How to guide
- The best musical instruments for children – How to
- The 16 best car racetracks for children – Guidebook