At the age of 3, toys for toddlers slowly become uninteresting. The children need more encouragement and from now on the one or other small parts may be added. Nevertheless, care must be taken that your child is not immediately overwhelmed.
With the help of our checklist, we show you how to find the toys that are best suited for 3-year-olds. In addition, we make the selection easier for you with our product recommendations.
- Cognitive & Motor Development: At 3 years old, your child is getting stronger and motor development is also progressing rapidly.
- 3-year-olds are already able to recognize coherent sequences of actions and already have more concrete ideas about what toys should look like.
- Wooden memory chess and Nene toys are ideal for promoting cognitive development.
- Games of skill are also already being considered. In the meantime, the little ones can use the first small parts and so providers can also offer the children more interesting skill games.
- Fine motor skills, concentration and eye-hand coordination can be promoted with the Montessori fishing game or the hammer game from Noris.
- In order for your child to enjoy the toy in the long term, it should be robustly processed. Since children from the age of 3 years already have a much greater strength, robust material is essential.
- Also make sure that the material is of high quality and free of harmful substances. The toys of a 3-year-old child are very different from toys for 1 to 2-year-olds.
- From the age of 3, the first technology devices become interesting, such as children’s cameras, children’s tablets or the exciting Tiptoi system.
- To rule out harmful substances in toys, it is advisable to look for the GS or eco mark such as TÜV. These certifications also stand for robust material.
- The first board and parlor games are also starting to become interesting – but make sure that the rules are kept simple.
Table of contents
Recommended Toys For 3-Year-Olds
Here you can find the top 20 among the most popular toys for 3-year-olds.
Tip: Is the start of school just around the corner? Then be sure to check out our guide to school cones.
The Best Sellers Of Toys For 3-Year-Olds
We have compiled the most popular toys for 3-year-olds.
Tip: Do you need to cook quickly again? No problem with pressure cookers!
Current Offers For Toys For 3-Year-Olds
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the toys for 3-year-olds.
FAQ About Toys For 3-Year-Olds
For 3-year-olds, board games such as memory or fishing games are already a possibility, which will encourage your child in a playful way. Nevertheless, children at this age can also be inspired by Playmobil, Lego and role-playing games such as dollhouses or play kitchens.
As mentioned above, board or card games are great, as are building and construction games. For outside, trampolines, climbing frames or vehicles like scooters are interesting.
More on the topic
Toys for different age groups
- The 15 best children’s toys for ages 10 and up – guidebook
- The best children’s toys [bestsellers] – guidebook
- The 20 best toys for 1 year and older – guidebook
- The 20 best toys for 2 year olds – guidebook
- The 5 best wooden toys from Fagus – Guidebook
- The 16 best toy boxes for children – guidebook
- The 12 best wooden toys for children – guidebook
- The 10 best Yakari toys – guidebook
- The 10 best garden toys from 1 year – guidebook
- The 8 best Fireman Sam toys – guidebook
- The 8 best diving toys and rings
- The 8 best Polly Pocket toys – guidebook
- The 25 best Schleich toys – guidebook
- The 7 best magnetic toys – guidebook
- The best toy novelties 2021 – guidebook
- The best baby toys for 9 to 12 months – guidebook
- The best baby toys for 6 to 9 months – How to choose?
- The best baby toys for 3 to 6 months – guidebook
- The 15 best toys for babies – guidebook
- The best baby toys for 0 to 3 months – guidebook