With the right baby toys for 12 to 18 months , you not only make your child happy, but also train important skills. Especially fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination and dexterity.
We have summarized all the important information about baby toys for 12 to 18 months in a checklist for you. You can find a great selection of many suitable toys in our product recommendations.
- At 12 months, babies are already really mobile. They crawl, crawl and perhaps even dare to take their first steps.
- They are also becoming more independent and can occupy themselves on their own for a little longer.
- With the right baby toys, you can develop your child’s gross and fine motor skills, eye-hand coordination and dexterity .
- Stacking games consist of building blocks or stacking cups that can be stacked to form towers or other structures.
- Here, fine motor skills in particular are encouraged.
- Sticking puzzles and shape sorting games are also a lot of fun.
- They are important for good eye-hand coordination.
- A classic toy is the small wooden train that can be loaded with building blocks.
- It stimulates creativity .
- Cars, construction vehicles and pull-along trains are also of interest.
- This toy promotes the joy of movement of your child.
- Simple Ball tracks are also available for the age group.
- Here patience and dexterity are trained.
- Toys with light and sound effects arouse attention and offer many employment opportunities.
- It is indispensable for the development of hearing.
- Other exciting first musical instruments are xylophone, tambourine and piano mat.
- They promote coordination and logical thinking.
- Wood, plastic and fabric are used to make baby toys.
- Wood is a natural material. It must be well made and not splinter during play.
- Plastic is lighter and often easier to clean.
- Fabrics are pleasant to the touch. They must be tear-resistant and well sewn. Unfortunately, many fabric toys are not washable and must be cleaned by hand.
- Be sure to buy only toys that are actually designed for babies. It must not have the imprint “Not suitable for children under 3 years”. This may contain small parts that can be swallowed.
- Furthermore, the toy must be well processed and free of harmful substances. The GS label must not be missing. It stands for tested product safety. If the toy bears the “Blue Angel” label, it has also been manufactured in an environmentally friendly manner.
Table of contents
Recommended Baby Toys For 12 to 18 Months
Tip: Safety is important when gardening . Check out our guide to gardening gloves .
The Best Sellers Of Baby Toys For 12 to 18 Months
In this bestseller list we have compiled the most popular baby toys for 12 to 18 months for you.
Tip: You can find lots of great tennis shoes in our guide to tennis shoes.
Current Offers Of Baby Toys For 12 to 18 Months
Here you will find a collection of current offers on baby toys for 12 to 18 months.
FAQ About Baby Toys
What kind of toys for 1-year-olds?
For 1-year-olds, toys with a learning effect are particularly suitable, as the training of skills is directly combined with play fun. You can find a great selection of baby toys for 1-year-olds in our product recommendations.
What can you give a 1-year-old child?
Children at this age are quite quick to get excited and enjoy anything that moves, lights up or looks pretty. Examples of gifts include building blocks, stacking cups, rolling tracks, toy trains, musical instruments or pull-along toys.
What toys for toddlers?
Toddlers are happy to receive all gifts. You can find a list of different products in our checklist. Make sure that the toy fits the child according to the age specification, otherwise injuries or excessive demands can occur.
More On The Topic
Toys for children
- The 10 best Yakari toys – guidebook
- The 15 best Bibi Blocksberg toys – guidebook
- The 15 best toys for children from 10 years – guidebook
- The 10 best construction vehicles from Bruder – Guidebook
- The 10 best toys for 8 year old children
- The 10 best toys for 10 year old children – guidebook
- The 8 best motor skills toys for babies – guidebook
- The 10 best wooden educational toys – guidebook
- The 15 best educational toys for children – guidebook
Musical instruments for children
- The best musical instruments for children – guidebook
- The 20 best children’s guitars for all ages – guidebook
- The best selling 1/4 guitars for kids – guidebook
- The 7 best 3/4 guitars for kids – guidebook
- The bestsellers of 1/2 children’s guitars – guidebook
- The 6 best accordions for children – guidebook
- The 6 best toy keyboards – guidebook
- The 8 best drums for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best percussion instruments for kids – guidebook