Table of contents
Next to the piano, the guitar is one of the most popular musical instruments among children.
The 1/2 children’s guitars can optimally accompany your child on this path. Music educators recommend a 1/2 children’s guitar for an age of about 6 years. However, the choice of the right children ‘s guitar depends less on the age and more on the size of the child. The children’s guitar must be adjusted to the height of the child so that he or she can play the instrument properly. A 1/2 children’s guitar is the right choice for children who are about 130 cm tall. This roughly corresponds to an age of 6 to 9 years.
Of course, this is not the only criterion to consider when buying a 1/2 children’s guitar. To help you, we have compiled various criteria in a checklist for you and listed some suitable products.
The Bestsellers Of The 1/2 Children’s Guitars
We have compiled the most popular 1/2 children’s guitars in a bestseller list for you.
Checklist For 1/2 Children guitars
- The size plays an essential role in choosing the appropriate children’s guitar:
- 1/4 children‘s guitar: at a height of about 120 cm (circa at the age of 5 to 7 years)
- 1/2 children‘s guitar: at a size of 130 cm (approximately at the age of 6 to 9 years)
- 3/4 children‘s guitar: at a height of 140 cm (approximately at the age of 8 to 10 years)
- 7/8 children’s guitar: at a height of 150 cm (approximately at the age of 10 to 12 years)
- 4/4 guitar: at a size from 160 cm (circa at the age of 13 years)
- In addition to size, string action is also important in determining whether a child can play an instrument well.
- In order for chords to be fingered well, the stringsshould not be more than 2 mm away from each other at the first fret.
- The curvature of the guitar neck is also crucial: a strong curvature makes for too high a string action.
- When buying the guitar, pay attention to good workmanship.
- It should be of high quality so that it does not pose a risk of injury to your child.
- If the individual frets are too sharp-edged, you should not use the guitar.
- Also consider the varnish of the guitar. A decent paint job that doesn’t smell unpleasant indicates good quality.
Recommended 1/2 Children Guitars
Based on our checklist, we have made a selection of recommended 1/2 children’s guitars that meet the above criteria.
Current Offers On 1/2 Guitars For Kids
In this list you will find the best deals on 1/2 kids guitars currently available:
Tip: You can find many other great children’s instruments in our guide to musical instruments for children.
FAQ About 1/2 Children Guitar
When choosing the right size of a children’s guitar, the height of the child is crucial:
– ¼ children’s guitar: at a height of 120 cm (circa at the age of 5 to 7 years)
– ½ children’s guitar: at a height of 130 cm (circa at the age of 6 to 9 years)
– ¾ children’s guitar: at a height of 140 cm (circa at the age of 8 to 10 years)
– 7/8 children’s guitar: at a height of 150 cm (circa at the age of 11 to 12 years)
– 4/4 guitar: at a height from 160 cm (circa at the age of 13 years)
What is the size of a children’s guitar?
There are different sizes of children’s guitars to suit the different body sizes of a child. Basically, a children’s guitar is useful for children between the ages of 4 and 12. They vary in size. For example, there are 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and 7/8 children’s guitars.
Children’s guitar: Which is the right one?
The question can not be answered in a general way. There is no such thing as the right children’s guitar that is perfect for every child and every purpose. Depending on the size and purpose, a different children’s guitar is the right one. For toddlers, a toy children’s guitar is the right choice. Older children need a better instrument on which they can learn to play properly.
At what age does a 1/2 children’s guitar make sense?
From the age of 6, a 1/2 children’s guitar is the right choice. More decisive, however, is the height of the child. A 1/2 children’s guitar is suitable for children with a height of 120 to 140 cm.
Musical instruments for children
- Recommended musical instruments for children
- Recommendable ORFF instruments for children
- Recommendable percussion instruments for children
- Recommended guitars for children
- Recommended 1/4 guitars for children
- Recommended 3/4 guitars for children
- Recommended electric guitars for children
- Recommended drums for children
- Recommended keyboards for children
- Recommended accordions for children
Climbing frames for children
- Recommended climbing frames for children
- Recommended climbing triangles for children
- Recommended indoor climbing frames for children
Toys for children
- Recommended medical kits for children
- Recommended farm toys for kids
- Recommended Fire Trucks for Kids
- Recommended car racing tracks for kids