Bath toys are indispensable in the bath or on the beach. They bring a lot of fun for the kids and some relaxation for the parents. Do you want to know which water toys are the best and provide maximum excitement? Then scroll down and go on a discovery tour. We have picked out the best products for you.
You can expect a checklist with the most important criteria for bath toys and also many product recommendations, so you can find the right one for you and your child!
- Bath toys are usually made of plastic. This occurs in solid or elastic form. Few suppliers even start manufacturing water toys from wood to protect the environment
- The material should absolutely be free of harmful substances. To this end, pay attention to test seals such as Stiftung Warentest. In addition, no plasticizers (BPA) may be contained.
- Toys for painting in the bathtub are particularly kind to the environment and health, as they are often made from natural products (e.g. food coloring).
- Cleaning plastic items is easiest, but all toys should be cleaned after bathing.
- When it comes to bath toys, care should be taken to ensure clean workmanship and good quality. For example, there should be no sharp edges or valves.
- For children under 3 years, toys of at least 5cm in size should be used. Detachable small parts are also taboo. In both cases, there is otherwise a risk of suffocation.
- If the bath toys have a bad smell, this is usually a sign of dangerous substances that can be harmful to health.
- Despite paying attention to the above factors, children should never be left out of the bath or paddling pool.
- First and foremost, a distinction is made between the place of use. Is the toy intended for the bathtub or the ocean/pool? Not all materials are suitable for salt/chlorine water.
- There is also a differentiation between age groups. For example, smaller or swallowable toys are only intended for 3 to 4-year-olds. For toddlers, rubber animals and boats are especially popular. For older children, water squirts or fishing games, for example, are a good choice. Crayons, on the other hand, are fun for all generations.
- Some variants offer additional functions. These include lights, sound and independent driving over water with the help of a motor.
Table of contents
Recommended Bath Toys
Here you can find the top 15 most popular bath toys.
Tip: You can find great bathing islands in our guide to bathing islands
The Best Sellers of Bath Toys
We have compiled the most popular bath toys for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: Does your child enjoy painting and playing with water?
Then check out our guide to painting mats from Aqua Doodle!
Current Offers for Bath Toys
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the bath toys for children section.
FAQ About Bath Toys for Kids
Babies can hold toys in their hands during bath time as soon as they can grasp them. Of course, it is important to pay attention to the age limit of the bath toy as well as the quality without edges and detachable parts.
First, you can distinguish between bath toys for the bathtub and for the pool or the sea. Furthermore, there is a distinction between the age groups and with electronics or light effects.
Bath toys for the sea or pool are between 10-40€, whereas the price for bathtub toys is only between 8 and 15€.
- The 15 Best Bath Toys for Kids
- The Best Water Play Mats for Kids
- The 8 Best Bathing Islands
- The 10 Best Water Slides for the Garden
- The 10 Best Inflatable Pools
- The 10 Best Air Mattresses
- The 7 Best Water Painting Mats from Aqua Doodle
- The 10 Best Paddling Pools with Slide
- The 7 Best Paddling Pools for Babies
- The 8 Best Water Play Tables
- The 7 Best Water Rides