Table of contents
Wooden trains are very popular with both boys and girls. In addition to the fun of playing, your child is also encouraged in terms of fine motor skills and imagination. In our checklist you will learn everything important that you should consider when buying. Our product recommendations below can also be very helpful and support you actively.
- Certain models of Brio trains can be used for 1.5 years. Your child can usually crawl and perhaps even walk by this age, so things to drive and push slowly become interesting.
- Later, your child can expand the wooden train with rails and simple trailers and locomotives. Brio offers you different variants for certain age groups.
- Railroads with a large scale and more locomotives then come into question from 3 years. An earlier time could result in excessive demands. Also, swallowable small parts could be included.
- The Brio trains and rails are made of wood. This has the advantage of durability, as it is very robust. It is also much more environmentally friendly than plastic.
- As an alternative to Brio, there are also trains from other manufacturers that are made of plastic or sheet metal. Plastic is easier to clean than wood, but it is also environmentally harmful and less robust. Sheet metal, on the other hand, is often intended for adults as a model train. So we definitely advise you to choose wooden trains for your child.
- Also make sure that they are free of harmful substances. You can tell by looking at test seals (e.g. Stiftung Warentest or TÜV).
- Brio now offers many trains with motors. A distinction is made between batteries and rechargeable batteries. Trains with batteries are cheaper to buy, but due to the constant replacement, the price adds up later. In addition, a battery is much more environmentally friendly and can be recharged again and again. The so-called smart tech locomotives are currently the newest type and show reactions due to an integrated chip. For example, they generate effects when passing through tunnels.
- Light and music, which are either integrated into the train or the rails, provide even more fun.
- In addition to the fun, the train promotes at the same time. Your child is strengthened in terms of motor skills, imagination, and creativity.
- Brio offers besides the train also other vehicles such as boats or planes. In addition, houses and figures are her gestalts.
Recommended BRIO Trains
Here you can find the top 7 most popular BRIO trains.
Tip: You can find many great excavators in our guide for children’s excavators from Bruder
The Best Sellers Of BRIO Trains
We have compiled the most popular BRIO trains for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: You can find many great tractors in our guide for tractors from Bruder
Current Offers For BRIO Railways
Here you can find a selection of current offers for BRIO trains.
FAQ About The BRIO Train
You should always pay attention to the age rating. Some simple locomotives are already released from 18 months, other trains again only from 3 years.
There are battery-powered trains as well as rechargeable trains. Both have advantages and disadvantages. The batteries are not environmentally friendly and must be constantly replenished. Battery locomotives are better in terms of these factors, but may need to be recharged mid-game, as battery models last longer.
Tracks from Eichhorn and Tchibo fit BRIO with their rails. Ikea, on the other hand, is not compatible.
More On The Topic
Vehicles For Children
- The 7 best toy trains made of wood – guidebook
- The 8 best Playmobil railroad sets – guidebook
- The 9 best excavators from Siku – guidebook
- The 10 best sitting excavators for children – guidebook
- The 8 best excavators for children by Bruder – guidebook
- The 10 best tractors from Bruder – Advisor
- The 12 best toy tractors – guidebook
- The 9 best wooden toy cars – guidebook
- The 5 best wooden toys from Fagus – guidebook
- The 8 best wooden ball tracks – guidebook
- The 9 best wooden toy stores – guidebook
- The 9 best wooden toy cars – guidebook
- The 12 best wooden toys for children – guidebook
- The 7 best wooden play kitchens – guidebook
- The 7 best wooden rocking horses – guidebook
- The 7 best wooden toy trains – guidebook
- The 7 best wooden doll’s carriages – Guidebook
- The 8 best dollhouses in wood – guidebook
- The 10 best wooden educational toys – guidebook