LEGO Mindstorms kits are arguably some of the best toys when it comes to construction and engineering. And they’re great for all ages!
In order to keep the overview of the large offer, we have compiled a checklist and suitable product suggestions for you. We wish you lots of fun building!
- For LEGO fans and those interested in programming, LEGO Mindstorms building sets offer optimal fun from the age of 10.
- For little explorers, there is a LEGO Mindstorms kit that can be used to build a small, non-programmable LEGO robot based on the Mindstorms concept.
- For first programming and building experiences, the LEGO Mindstorms robotics kit is suitable, with which children can build up to five different models and program them via a free app.
- Comprehensive LEGO Mindstorms kits also include an intelligent 32-bit microcomputer, LCD display, Bluetooth and USB interfaces, and ultrasonic, touch and color sensors.
- Programmable LEGO Mindstorms kits contain up to more than 1,000 parts, which can of course also be used independently of the LEGO Mindstorms concept to freely build your own creations.
- The sound and motion effects of the LEGO Mindstorms kits require one or up to six AA batteries. These are not included and must be purchased separately.
- LEGO Mindstorms software can be used on both Windows and Macintosh computers.
- Those who already know the Java programming language can program the microcomputer themselves via SD card.
- In addition to the complex building challenges, LEGO Mindstorms kits offer initial programming experience.
- Depending on the kit, a free app or software CD is included. Children aged 10 and older learn the principle of programming via drag-and-drop interface and create their first own programs.
- The unique combination of building and programming not only stimulates children’s imagination, but also challenges their powers of deduction and motor skills.
- Thanks to their interesting parts and programmability, LEGO Mindstorms kits offer almost endless play fun for technology-minded children.
- Even more building ideas are provided by separately available books for building more LEGO Mindstorms models.
- The LEGO Mindstorms section of the LEGO website offers additional free building ideas that will inspire you to keep building and inventing.
- In addition to books with further building instructions and building suggestions, an ultrasonic sensor for LEGO Mindstorms kits is available separately. This opens up even more building and programming possibilities.
Table of contents
Recommended LEGO Mindstorms Kits
We have collected the best and most interesting LEGO Mindstorms Kits.
Tip: If you’re looking for something more than LEGO, check out our guide to Magformers.
The Best Sellers Of LEGO Mindstorms Kits
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular LEGO Mindstorms kits for you.
Tip: For indoor fun, check out our guide to 305 cm trampolines.
Current Offers Of LEGO Mindstorms Kits
Find the best current deals on LEGO Mindstorms kits in this list.
FAQ LEGO Mindstorms Kits
LEGO Mindstorms EV4 is due out in the fall of 2020.
LEGO Mindstorms is programmed in different ways. This can be done either via the corresponding free app or via software if basic knowledge of Java is already available.
With LEGO Mindstorms, robots can be built and then programmed.
More On The Topic
- The 9 best LEGO Duplo houses – guidebook
- The 10 best LEGO Architecture Skyline Collection Sets – Guidebook
- The 5 best LEGO Boost robot kits – guidebook
- The top 12 LEGO Avengers figures – guidebook
- The 7 Best LEGO Technic Cranes – Guidebook
- The 8 Best LEGO Creator Expert Kits – Guidebook
- The best LEGO novelties – How to
- The best LEGO themed series – How to guide
- The 6 best LEGO Millennium Falcon kits – How to guide
- The 10 best LEGO BrickHeadz kits – How to guide