Table of contents
With a soldering station for children, your child learns to handle tools safely and thus acquires an important skill into adulthood. At the same time, you can spend a great time together with your child while soldering. Before buying, however, there are some important things to consider. Among other things, you should keep the safety of your child in mind when working with the soldering iron, because the devices become very hot.
You can find more tips and advice on the soldering station as well as decisive purchase criteria in our checklist. In the product recommendations, you can then choose from the best soldering stations for children.
- There is no comprehensive recommendation for the use of soldering stations for children.
- Depending on the individual stage of development, your child can use the soldering station from about 9 years.
- You can choose between a simple soldering station set, which only has the plunger and the associated equipment with display and temperature controller, or a complete set, which has extensive accessories.
- Under possible accessories fall tools like.
- Soldering iron, power cord, solder wire, desoldering pump, desoldering wire, soldering stand, multiple soldering tips, antistatic tweezers, soldering paste, copper wire, scissors, screwdriver, insulating tape, knife, and carrying case.
- The temperature of the soldering iron should be adjustable, depending on the project you should be able to adjust this via a station. Usually, controls on the station or an LC display are used for this purpose.
- It is also important that the device keeps the temperature constant so that you can work on the workpiece evenly. Some models also have a temperature compensation function for this purpose.
- Equally important is a meter for checking current flow and monitoring the soldering process.
- Caution Ventilation when using the soldering iron is very important, as pollutants are produced during soldering! If necessary, you should use safety goggles and protective mask.
- Some devices with a power of 40 W get up to 750 degrees hot, so do not underestimate the risk of burns.
- This makes it all the more important to have a reliable cooling function that keeps the temperature of the device under control at all times.
- Observe the manufacturer’s specifications and safety instructions so that there are no unintentional emergencies.
- The soldering iron should only be used under supervision and with the help of an adult.
Recommended Soldering Stations For Children
We have compiled the best and most interesting soldering stations for children.
Tip: For exciting tips on toys , check out our guide to the best LEGO boxes.
The Best Sellers Of Soldering Stations For Children
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular soldering stations for children for you.
Tip: Find out more about leisure, sports and games in our guide to the best ergometers.
Current Offers On Soldering Stations For Children
Find the best current offers on soldering stations for kids in this list.
FAQ For Soldering Stations
When you solder, you connect two metal objects together. The connection is created by metal that has become liquid (i.e. melted), so heat is necessary.
It is not possible to make a general statement about which soldering stations are suitable for children. From about 9 years, you can start soldering, but under supervision and in a safe environment (keyword: ventilation). Individual development should also be taken into account. Generally speaking, a soldering station is not suitable for playing. We have selected the best soldering stations for children and summarized them in our list.
More On The Topic
Tools for children
- The 7 best branding irons – guidebook
- The 10 most popular children’s tool sets
- The 10 best kids tool sets – guidebook
- The 7 best work pants for men – guidebook
- The 7 best thermal work gloves – guidebook
- The 10 best work shoes – advice
- The 12 best work clothes – guidebook
- The 12 best work gloves – guidebook