When buying a children’s encyclopedia, information, graphic elements and, of course, the topic play a major role. Learn everything you need to know about an encyclopedia for children here.
We have not only compiled a checklist with the most important criteria for encyclopedias for children, but also many product recommendations for you.
- Make sure the children’s encyclopedia is appropriate for your child’s age. For example, there are special elementary school encyclopedias aimed at children of elementary school age.
- Children are interested in different things according to their age. Children’s encyclopedias tailored specifically to their age group help to convey knowledge that is relevant to them.
- In addition, the scope and definitions in their language are always aimed at specific age groups, which may overtax children who are too young or under tax children who are too old. So always check the manufacturer’s recommended age.
- Although it may not be what we as adults think of as encyclopedias, there are also different subject areas that can be covered with children’s encyclopedias.
- There are geography encyclopedias, encyclopedias specifically for the animal world, automobiles, etc.
- Make sure that – if it is not to be a general encyclopedia – you take your child’s interests into account when making your decision.
- When buying, make sure that the encyclopedia has sufficient and appealing illustrations, as these will increase your child’s enjoyment when using the book and your child will thus enjoy it for a long time.
- Illustrations and drawings help children remember concepts better and acquire knowledge more easily.
- The design can also play a big role here.
- Simplistic overviews that are clearly differentiated by color or design make it easier for your child to distinguish between different topics.
- Many children’s encyclopedias also function interactively:
- For example, various topics have hidden pictures in which your child can search for things to learn about their definition and explanation.
- This interactive design not only enables general learning growth through the encyclopedia, but also ensures exciting exploration.
- In addition, some children’s encyclopedias also offer direct quizzes to directly reinforce what has been learned.
- Modern encyclopedias also work with sound functions, which can also play battery-operated texts or certain sounds.
Table of contents
Recommended Encyclopedias For Children
Here you will find the top 10 children’s encyclopedias.
The Bestsellers For Children’s Encyclopedia
We have compiled the most popular encyclopedias for children for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: You can find many great children ‘s books in our guide to classic children’s books
Current Offers For Children’s Encyclopedia
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the Children’s Encyclopedia section.
FAQ Children’s Encyclopedia
In a children’s encyclopedia, scientific information is presented in an appealing and understandable way for children. Children’s encyclopedias contain more illustrations and diagrams to convey knowledge to children than encyclopedias aimed at adults do
It’s best to buy a children’s encyclopedia for your child that is appropriate for his or her age level. Many children’s encyclopedias teach preschool or elementary school knowledge and the content is geared to the age level. There are children’s encyclopedias with illustrations as well as those with photographs.
More On The Subject
- The 20 best classic children’s books – guidebooks
- The 12 best “Why Why Why” children’s books – guidebook
- The 40 best children’s books – guidebook
- The 15 best children’s books from 7 years – guidebook
- The 15 best children’s books from 6 years – guidebook
- The 15 best children’s books from 5 years – guidebook
- The 15 best children’s books from 4 years – guidebook
- The 15 best children’s books from 3 years – guidebook
- The 15 best children’s books from 2 years – guidebook
- The 15 best children’s books from 1 year – guidebook
- The 15 best personalized children’s books – guidebook