Table of contents
There are countless offers for children’s toys from a wide variety of manufacturers. But you can narrow down your search by matching the toys to your child’s age and interests. There’s sure to be something for everyone here.
Our checklist and product recommendations will also help you decide and show you the best and most popular children’s toy bestsellers.
- Toys for children should always be designed and handled in accordance with the child’s development and address the skills that are currently required.
- Babies from 4 to 6 months, for example, enjoy different surfaces and materials, while children from 4 years want to experience the first logic and thinking games or adventurous rides with remote-controlled vehicles.
- Before buying, you should observe your child find out in which areas their interests lie.
- Additionally, children’s toys become more interesting if the theme is already familiar from a TV series or movie, for example, for Disney characters.
- However, the joy of toys with certain themes can also be quickly lost if your child suddenly no longer likes one character, but finds others great.
- Crackle books, rattles, dolls, cuddly toys, motor loops, and books are suitable for children from 4 to 6 months.
- For children 12 months and older, balls and cars are often interesting, as well as different shapes and sizes.
- From 3 to 4 years, the first puzzles, board games, board games and numbers, become appealing.
- From elementary school age, children’s toys become much more complex and require more concentration and logical thinking skills.
- Then building sets, puzzles, but also games that require movement (ball games, other outdoor activities) are interesting.
- From around 6 years of age , many children develop curiosity about the laws of nature and certain relationships, which they can act out with an experimental kit, for example.
- More complex building sets, including electronic ones, are also popular with many children.
- Toys with music and lighting are already very exciting for babies and make play more exciting.
- Older children aged 6 and up attach importance to realistic designs and functions.
- Make sure that the operation and materials are appropriate for your child’s development.
- Good children’s toys are tested for harmful substances and handling and usually have the appropriate test seals (CE, Oeko-Tex, TÜV, Spiel gut).
- Use wood or fabric as often as possible.
The Bestsellers Of Children’s Toys
In our bestseller list we have compiled the most popular children’s toys for you.
Building and construction toys.
Car Racing Tracks.
Games for children.
Motor skills toys.
Tip: Nursing dresses are very practical when breastfeeding with baby.
Puzzles for children.
Crafting and painting.
Role Playing Games.
Tip: You can find the best nursing bras in our guide.
FAQ For Children Toys
From about the 2nd month after birth, you can start to present toys to the baby. Before that, feeding and resting phases determine life. Of course, you have to make sure that the toy is suitable for this age and that it does not contain any hazards (e.g. harmful substances, accessories or edges that can be swallowed). In this way, you can support healthy development and bring the child closer to the world.
Toys are important for children because, in addition to fun and enjoyment, they also lead to certain senses and skills being trained. For example, there are special learning and skill games that lead to more knowledge and/or better skills in a playful and fun way. But even “normal” toys have an educational value, because they train, among other things, concentration, creativity and motor skills. Playing together is also naturally conducive to social development. All in all, depending on their age, children are particularly sensitive to certain topics, and the games can take advantage of this and provide targeted support and encouragement. In general: Safety first, you should always consider the age recommendation. Because in addition to concrete dangers (e.g. injuries, swallowing), the wrong toy can also lead to excessive demands and thus influence the child’s interests for the future. Overly complicated coloring books or books with too much text and/or too complicated words can lead to insecurity or reduce interest in reading and coloring.
Children’s toys come in many different shapes and types. It is used to keep children occupied and having fun.
- The 5 best Harry Potter board games – guidebook
- The 7 best wooden board games for children – guidebook
- The 15 best board games for children – guidebook
- The 10 best card games for children – guidebook
- The 20 best family games – guidebook
- The 8 best games from 2 years – guidebook
- The 8 best games from 10 years
- The 15 best educational toys for children – guidebook
- The 10 best wooden educational toys – guidebook
- The 12 best educational toys from Vtech – guidebook
- The 10 best globes for children – guidebook
- The 6 best experimental kits for preschoolers
- The 15 best experimental kits for kids – How to guide
- The 10 best encyclopedias for children – guidebook
- The 10 best microscopes for children – guidebook
- The 8 best Tiptoi starter sets – guidebook
- The 12 best Tiptoi books for children – guidebook
- The 5 best products for Tiptoi globe – Advisor
- The 12 best learning computers for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s tablets – guidebookr