The electric guitars for children are among the most popular musical instruments. In addition to the classic, there are also electric guitars for children to be played, you need an amplifier. They also have more controls than a classical guitar.
Does your child want to learn how to really rock the stage with an electric guitar? Then an electric guitar for kids is the right introduction to the world of rock stars. There are several criteria that are important when buying an electric guitar for kids. To give you an overview of what you should consider when buying an electric guitar for children, we have created a checklist as a guide for you. Our product recommendations can help you find the right guitar.
- The size plays an essential role in choosing the right electric guitar for children:
- 1/4 children’s guitar: at a height of about 120 cm (circa at the age of 5 to 7 years)
- 1/2 children’s guitar: at a height of 130 cm (approximately at the age of 6 to 9 years)
- 3/4 children’s guitar: at a height of 140 cm (approximately at the age of 8 to 10 years)
- 7/8 children’s guitar: at a height of 150 cm (approximately at the age of 10 to 12 years)
- 4/4 guitar: at a size from 160 cm (circa at the age of 13 years)
- In addition to size, string action is also important in determining whether a child can play an instrument well.
- In order for chords to be fingered well, the stringsshould be no more than 2 mm from the fret.
- The curvature of the guitar neck has an influence on the string action: if the guitar neck is strongly curved, the string action is comparatively high.
- When buying the guitar, pay attention to clean workmanship.
- The guitar should be well and neatly processed, so that your child can not hurt himself.
- If the individual frets are too sharp-edged, this is a sign of poor quality and could lead to injury.
- Also look at the guitar’s varnish. If the varnish is properly applied and does not smell unpleasant, then this is a sign of good quality.
Table of contents
Recommended Electric Guitars for Children
Based on our checklist, we have made a selection of recommended electric guitars for kids that meet the above criteria.
Tip: You can find many more great children’s guitars in our guide to children’s guitars.
The Best Sellers of Electric Guitars for Kids
We have compiled the most popular electric guitars for kids in a bestseller list for you.
Current Offers of Electric Guitars for Kids
In this list you will find the best deals on electric guitars for kids that are currently available:
Tip: You can find many more great children’s instruments in our guide to musical instruments for children.
FAQ About Electric Guitar for Kids
When choosing the right size of a children’s guitar, the height of the child is crucial:
– 1/4 children’s guitar: at a height of 110 to 130 cm (approximately at the age of 4 to 7 years)
– 1/2 children’s guitar: at a height of 120 to 140 cm (approximately at the age of 6 to 9 years)
– 3/4 children’s guitar: at a height of 130 to 150 cm (circa at the age of 8 to 11 years)
– 7/8 children’s guitar: at a height of 140 to 160 cm (circa at the age of 11 to 13 years)
– 4/4 guitar: at a height of 160 cm and more (circa at the age of 13 years)
This question cannot be answered in a general way. There is no perfect electric guitar for every child. The size of the guitar must be adjusted to the height of the child. In addition, the age is also decisive. If the child is still very small, a toy instrument is usually sufficient. If the child seriously wants to play electric guitar, it must be a better instrument.
Children can start learning to play electric guitar as early as elementary school age, which is about 6 years old. However, it is important to buy them a special electric guitar that fits the child’s height.
Musical Instruments for Children
- Recommended Musical Instruments for Children
- Recommendable ORFF Instruments for Children
- Recommendable Percussion Instruments for Children
- Recommended Guitars for Children
- Recommended 1/4 Guitars for Children
- Recommended 1/2 Guitars for Children
- Recommended 3/4 Guitars for Children
- Recommended Drums for Children
- Recommended Keyboards for Children
- Recommended Accordions for Children
Climbing Frames for Children
- Recommended Climbing Frames for Children
- Recommended Climbing Triangles for Children
- Recommended Indoor Climbing Frames for Children
Toys for Children
- Recommended Medical Kits for Children
- Recommended Farm Toys for Kids
- Recommended Fire Trucks for Kids
- Recommended Car Racing Tracks for Kids