Table of contents
Garden toys create great opportunities for playing and learning in the fresh air and also offer a lot of variety. So from paddling pools to soccer goals, there’s something fun for everyone. The selection of garden toys is enormous, which is why it’s not always easy to decide on one of the many options. Our guide will help you find your way around and make the best possible decision.
In our checklist, we cover all the important information about garden toys and highlight the crucial buying criteria. Afterwards, we supplement the checklist with product recommendations, here you will find the best garden toys summarized at a glance.
- Garden toys are available for large gardens, but equally for smaller plots, the terrace or the balcony.
- Mud tables or sandbox tables are suitable for the garden and the balcony, while soccer goals, large paddling pools or water adventure pools , sandboxes and fixed seesaws are only recommended for a larger plot.
- For fixed swing frames, slides, or seesaws, separate anchoring in the ground (concrete) is usually necessary.
- Pay attention to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- In general, you should make sure that all toys are safe for children to use.
- Take a look at the details before buying: If the garden toy has been tested by TÜV or GS , for example, you can be sure that it does not contain any harmful substances and that its construction and handling are childproof.
- If children of different age groups play with the garden toys, you must also make sure that there are no dangers for small children due to small parts that can be swallowed or higher climbing possibilities.
- Screws and other metal connectors should always be made of non-rusting material outdoors, such as stainless steel.
- Wooden garden toys , while sturdy and appear natural, require regular maintenance to withstand the elements in the long run.
- For this, it is necessary to impregnate the wood annually by oil or varnish.
- Plastic garden toys come in many, bright colors that are particularly appealing to children.
- However, plastic is not very sustainable, as many environmentally harmful processes are required in its production , and the plastic cannot be easily recycled or even naturally degraded once it ends up in a landfill.
- In addition, plastic quickly fades in sunlight and becomes brittle, and you can repair cracks or holes only poorly or not at all.
- Therefore, use wood as often as possible – also for the sake of the children, because plastic can also contain many harmful substances.
- Pay attention to the weather resistance before buying.
Recommended Garden Toys
Here you will find the top 105 among the most popular garden toys.
Tip: You’ll find lots of great tools in our guide to the best chop saws.
The Best Sellers Of Garden Toys
We have compiled the most popular garden toys for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: You can find more about leisure, games and play in our guide to the best laser tag sets
Current Offers For Garden Toys
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the garden toys section.
More On The Topic
- The 10 best garden shower screens – guidebook
- The 8 best garden showers
- The 7 best garden rollers – Advisor
- The 7 best garden hoses – Guide
- The 6 best garden saunas – guidebook
- The 8 best garden huts for storage – guidebook
- The 7 best garden gloves – guidebook
- The 14 best garden lights – guidebook
- The 6 best Gardena hose boxes – How to guide
- The 7 best lawn mowers by Gardena – Guidebook
- The 15 best garden products from Gardena – Guidebook
- The 5 best water sockets from Gardena – Guidebook
- The 8 best square sprinklers from Gardena – Guidebook
- The 4 best Gardena scarifiers – guidebook
- The 6 best Gardena pop-up sprinklers – guidebook
- The 6 best sprinkler systems from Gardena – Guidebook
- The 6 best hose reels by Gardena – Guidebook
- The 8 best hoses from Gardena – Guidebook
- The 6 best lawn trimmers from Gardena – Guidebook
- The 6 best lawn sprinklers from Gardena – Guidebook
- The 8 best Micro-Drip systems from Gardena – Guidebook
- The 5 best hedge trimmers from Gardena – Guidebook
- The 5 best domestic waterworks from Gardena – Guidebook
- The 5 best garden pumps from Gardena – Guidebook
- The 10 best garden tools from Gardena – Guidebook
- The 5 best garden showers from Gardena – guidebook
- The 6 best watering computers from Gardena – Guidebook
- The 8 best irrigation systems from Gardena – Guidebook