Stilt houses offer a great opportunity for role-playing, to let off steam or with a few pillows to rest in between. As you can see, they are versatile and will certainly provide a lot of fun and joy for your child. In addition, they can be super combined with other play equipment such as slides, swings or climbing walls, so that even more variety is offered.
In our checklist you will find a list of all the important information that you should consider when making your decision. In addition, you have the opportunity to discover the best stilt house for your child with the help of our product recommendations.
Have fun playing!
Table of contents
The Bestsellers Of Stilt Houses For Children
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular stilt houses for children for you.
Checklist For Stilt Houses
- Stilt houses are available in different heights and designs. Sometimes with a slide, sometimes with a swing, sometimes only with a ladder.
- The stilt house should definitely correspond to the interests of your child.
- The age for which the house is suitable depends not least on the height of the platform. It indicates how far the floor of the house is from the ground. Usually, the height is about 50 to 175 cm. In the case of variants made of plastic even less.
- Especially for smaller children, the house should not be too high. Stilt houses are suitable for children from 3 years. Here it is best to pay attention to the corresponding specifications of the manufacturer.
- As a rule, stilt houses are made of wood, somewhat less often of plastic.
- In order for your child to enjoy the house for a long time and play safely, the wood should definitely be very well impregnated.
- It goes without saying that the supports should be made of solid wood.
- Pay attention to clean processing, so that your child can not injure himself on splintering wood.
- Ideally, the house of your choice has an FSC certificate. Also, a possible TÜV seal guarantees you the necessary safety.
- Most stilt houses for children are intended exclusively for outdoor use.
- The ground should be level and firm.
- Make sure that you screw the individual parts together very well, preferably with rustproof screws. Smaller plastic houses are usually just plugged together.
- A stilt house for children made of weather-resistant wood often provides many years of faithful service.
- Plastic can not only fade due to UV light, it can even break over time. Therefore, the simpler models made of plastic are only suitable for the first years of life.
- Only materials that do not contain harmful substances should have been used. This also applies to any glazes and varnishes.
- The top priority is stability and solid workmanship.
Recommended Stilt Houses For Children
We have collected the best and most interesting stilts for children.
- For those who have always dreamed of a tree house, but don’t have the tree This house on stilts is the perfect alternative. With a 27.5 inch platform giving access to the playhouse and the slide your child will enjoy all the excitement of playing up in the air.
- The house has many fun and decorative features. It has a half door, two windows with louvered shutters, 1 porthole window and 2 sliding shutters. Decorated with animals on the walls, e.g. cats and birds, this playhouse will not only be fun, but also a pretty addition to your garden.
- Consisting of blow molded side walls and injected facades, the structure is very strong and stable. Whilst your child plays pretend in the house or whizzes down the slide, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing that the playhouse is both super fun and super safe.
- The playhouse is suitable from age 2 onwards, with a maximum user weight of 110 pounds. It is suitable for indoor and outdoor use and is ideal for encouraging active and imaginative play. Why not add an electronic doorbell (not included) to increase the realism of their play?
- Manufactured in France, the playhouse comes with a 1-year guarantee. Smoby is a high-quality, well-established German toy brand. The plastic is anti-UV treated, which means the color will last longer and you can enjoy this beautiful playhouse for years to come.
- English (Publication Language)
Tip: You can find another great outdoor play option in our guide to trampolines from Berg.
Current Offers Of Stilt hHuses For Children
You can find the best current offers on stilt houses for kids in this list.
Tip: You want to combine your stilt house? Then a matching rope ladder is just the thing!
FAQ About Stilt houses For Children
If the house on stilts exceeds a height of 2 m and resembles a real residential building, an agreement must be reached with the neighbors. In case of no agreement, the distance regulation applies. In addition, there are the building regulations of the respective federal state.
Stilt houses are playhouses that stand on stilts or long poles. They are mostly made of wood and are used as a playground for children. They are often combined with slides or swings.
In the foreground is the safety. So in the first place you should pay attention to stability and good workmanship of the material. In addition, the size of the stilt house should be adapted to the age of your child. With the help of our checklist and the product recommendations you will surely find the right stilt house.
More On The Topic
Climbing facilities for children
- Recommended climbing frames for children
- Recommended climbing triangles for children
- Recommended indoor climbing frames for children
- The 8 best climbing arches for children – guidebook
- The 10 best climbing ropes – guidebook
- The 20 best climbing frames for children – guidebook
- The 17 best climbing frames for children – guidebook
- The 10 best play towers with slide – guidebook
- The 5 best Pikler triangles for children – advice
- The best Pikler toys for children – Guidebook
- The 9 best climbing nets for children – guidebook
- The 15 best children’s pools with slide – How to guide
- The 12 best water slides for the garden – How to guide
- The 8 best wave slides – guidebook
- The 8 best swings with slide – guidebook
- The 9 best children’s slides – guidebook
- The 10 best plate swings – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s swings – guidebook
- The 10 best wooden swings – guidebook
- The best children’s swings – guidebook
- The 25 best scooters, bikes and bicycles from Bikestar – guidebook
- The best children’s bicycles – guidebook
- The 5 best scooters for children – guidebook
- The 6 best bouncing animals for children – guidebook
- The 10 best seat excavators for children – guidebook
- The 5 best pedal tractors – guidebook
- The 10 best mud kitchens for children – guidebook
- The 10 best bobby cars for children – guidebook
- The 9 best sandboxes for children
- The 15 best garden trampolines for children – guidebook