When buying a hoverboard for kids should consider not only the design, but also the safety. Learn everything you need to know about hoverboards for kids here.
We have not only written a checklist with the most important criteria for hoverboards for children, but also compiled many product recommendations for you.
- Your child should wear safety equipment to prevent injury or tragic accidents. This includes helmets and pads for hands, elbows & knees. These are usually not included in the delivery, but must be purchased separately.
- Also make sure that the speed is reduced to a maximum of 10 km/h to protect your child from falling.
- Buy hoverboards in good workmanship and quality. You can recognize a safe hoverboard by the test mark, especially the batteries should be CE certified. Foreign imports are not recommended.
- Light-colored clothing improves the visibility of the hoverboard rider and thus reduces accidents. However, hoverboards may only be used on private property.
- You should consider the manufacturer’s specifications for minimum age and user weight. Many hoverboards are approved for use from the age of 8, while others are only approved for use from the age of 14.
- If you or your child exceeds the maximum weight (mostly up to 120 kg), it can lead to heating of the motor and lack of control of the vehicle.
- Too low body weight( allowed from about 20 kg ) is also not advantageous. In the case can follow that the Hoverboard does not react in between and accidents are pre-programmed.
- The weight of the hoverboard, on the other hand, must not be too great, because children should be able to transport it without any problems. So we recommend you a maximum of 10 kg, at best less.
Table of contents
Recommended Hoverboards For Children
Here you can find the top 12 hoverboards for kids.
Tip: You can also find many great hoverboards in our guide to the 10 best hoverboards.
The Best Selling Hoverboards For Kids
We have compiled the most popular hoverboards for kids for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: Cool hoverboards are represented in the guide for 10-inch hoverboards.
Current Offers For Hoverboards For Kids
Here you can find a selection of current offers for hoverboards for kids.
FAQ Hoverboards For Kids
Hoverboards are available from about 160€
This varies depending on the model. On average, you go between 10 and 15 km/h with a hoverboard, but some models reach speeds over 20 km/h. With a hoverboard for children, it should be noted that the speed should be throttled by the manufacturer to about 10 km/h for safety reasons.
Hoverboards are generally available in tire sizes from 6.5 – 10 inches. Hoverboards with 6.5 inches are suitable for children.
The question can not be answered in general and depends on the development of your child. However, some manufacturers specify a minimum weight (eg 20 kg) that must be reached by the user. A rough guideline is that the child should already be able to ride a bike safely before using a hoverboard.
- The 10 best hoverboards – guide
- The 6 best 10-inch hoverboards – guidebook
- The 8 best boards and e-scooters from Bluewheel – guidebook
- The 11 best e-scooters with road approval in Austria – guidebook
- The 11 best E-Scooters with road approval in Germany – Guidebook
- The 6 best E-SCOOTERs with registration in Germany – Guidebook
- The 15 best children’s electric cars – guidebook
- The 9 best BMW children’s cars – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s quads – guidebook
- The best children’s bicycles – guidebook
- The 5 best scooters from Puky – guidebook
- The 5 best Hudora scooters for kids – guidebook
- The 9 best rollerblades for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best rollerblades for kids – guidebook
- The 9 best inline skates for kids – guidebook
- The 25 best scooters, wheels and bikes from Bikestar – guidebook
- The 7 best drift trikes for kids – guidebook
- The 15 best tricycles for kids – guidebook
- The 5 best pedal scooters for kids – guidebook