Reading aloud is also useful and very important at the age of one or even before. It promotes your child and lays the foundations for later speech and understanding. The books from 1 year are specially designed for this age and therefore appealing to your child. The parent-child relationship is also strengthened by watching and reading together, especially in quiet moments.
With the help of our checklist and product recommendations, nothing can go wrong and you are sure to find a suitable book for you and your child.
- For children of this age, books should be made of sturdy cardboard and preferably not yet have flap doors, as these are easy to tear off.
- In addition, corners and edges should be rounded so that the little ones do not hurt themselves.
- Since children of this age put a lot of things in their mouths, we strongly advise them to look for test seals to avoid harmful substances.
- At the age of 1, children do not yet need long and detailed texts.
- The texts should only briefly describe the pictures shown. Rhymes and repeated words, for example, are appropriate.
- However, texts do not necessarily have to be included. Only pictures are sufficient, which can also be accompanied by a story.
- Pictures are a must. They ensure understanding of the content and should clearly outweigh the text.
- The illustrations should not have too many details, but should be simple in design.
- 3-4 basic colors are enough to not overwhelm the child
Table of contents
Recommended Children’s Books From 1 Year
We have compiled recommended children’s books from 1 year for you.
Tip: Great building and construction toys from Fischertechnik can be found here.
The Bestsellers Of Children’s Books From 1 Year
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular children’s books from 1 year for you.
Tip: Music should not be missing in the nursery. Discover great CD players for kids here.
Current Offers Of Children’s Books From 1 Year
Find the best current offers of children’s books from 1 year in this list.
FAQ For Children’s Books From 1 Year
According to experts, babies as young as three months can benefit from being read to. If children discover the book on their own (e.g. by touching it, looking at the pictures), you should make sure that the children cannot hurt themselves (swallowing, cuts). If the age recommendations of the respective books are taken into account and no overly demanding, too exciting or too complex stories are chosen, children’s books can therefore enrich their lives at an early age.
Children from 1 year of age particularly enjoy pure picture books or books with little text and meaningful illustrations. It is important that the design is safe, with no risk of suffocation or other injury. Thick pages made of materials that are difficult to destroy are therefore particularly suitable
Books that depict things the child already knows from real life, such as certain animals, situations or objects, are suitable for children from the age of 1. This allows them to grasp the content independently. Books with elements for touching (e.g. fur, Velcro, … ) or hearing (e.g. animal voices) are also popular.
Children’s books support your child in many different ways. These include, for example, the promotion of language, imagination, emotional and cognitive skills.
Older books such as Pippi Longstocking or Emil and the Detectives by Astrid Lindgreen and Erich Kästner are recommended. But newfangled children’s books such as the Neinhorn or the Grüffelo are equally impressive.
More On The Subject
more children’s books
- The 40 best children’s books – guide
- The 15 best children’s books from 2 years – guidebook
- The 15 best children’s books from 3 years – guidebook
- The 15 best children’s books from 4 years – guidebook
- The 15 best children’s books from 5 years – guidebook
- The 15 best children’s books from 6 years – guidebook
- The 15 best children’s books from 7 years – guidebook
- The 12 best “Why Why Why” children’s books – guidebook
- The 10 best read-aloud and picture books for children – guidebook
- The 9 best children’s stories – guidebook
- The 10 best fairy tale books for children – guidebook
- The 5 best children’s kitchens – guidebook
- The 10 best doctor’s cases for children – guidebook
- The 15 best board games for children – guidebook
- The 10 best card games for kids – guidebook
- The 8 best PlayMais craft sets for kids – guidebook
- The 15 best craft sets for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best Play-Doh modelling clay – guidebook
- The 10 best merchant stores – guidebook
- The 9 best parking garage toys for kids – guidebook
- The 15 best toy cars – How to
- The best dolls for children – How to
- The 15 best doll houses – guidebook