Table of contents
Kinetic Sand is a great alternative for indoors. If the weather is bad, Kinetic Sand comes in handy. It hardly makes a mess, feels insanely soft and is reminiscent of play dough. Your child will love this sand! The checklist and product recommendations below will help you buy the right product.
- Kinetic Sand is approved for use by children 3 years and older. In the toddler age before that, there is a choking hazard because the little ones put a lot of things in their mouths.
- You should make sure that the sand is free of harmful substances and doe not contain any plasticizers. You can tell by looking at test marks (e.g. Stiftung Warentest).
- A bad smell also indicates poor quality and harmful substances.
- Your child should always be under observation, as older children often try things out and put them in their mouths.
- Kinetic Sand is made from 98% silica sand and 2% polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS).
- PDMS is also found in some foods and is therefore not harmful. Make sure that Kinetic Sand does not contain any other substances besides these two ingredients. This is because other additives are often harmful or chemical. In addition, the smell should not be pungent or unpleasant, also so you can exclude toxic substances.
- PDMS is used for binding, so that the sand feels particularly soft and does not disintegrate during construction.
- If you want to be on the safe side, brands like Spin Master or Relax days are reliable and recommendable.
- The sand is offered in natural color or different bright colors. This gives free rein to your own taste and that of your child.
- Some sets additionally contain sand molds, shovels or play knives. These make for even more fun and we recommend that if not included in the set, you get additional accessories for a longer and more interesting play experience.
Recommended Kinetic Sand Sets
Here you can find the top 10 most popular Kinetic sand sets.
Tip: You can discover cool games for ages 3 and up in our guide to games for 3-year-olds.
Current Offers For Kinetic Sand Sets
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the Kinetic Sand section.
FAQ About Kinetic Sand
Kinetic Sand is a magic sand that can be shaped into any form without collapsing like normal sand. It then crumbles again very easily when touched. Kinetic Sand feels like rubber dough or very airy cake batter and brings a very special experience with lots of fun
Kinetic Sand is composed of 98% quartz sand and 2% polydimethylsiloxane. PDMS is not harmful, provides bonding and is even found in some foods.
Kinetic Sand does not dry out when exposed to air. So it can be stored in a plastic can or similar with a clear conscience.
More On The Topic
Creative Play Ideas
- The best craft supplies for children – guidebook
- The 15 best craft kits for kids – guidebook
- The 8 best PlayMais craft sets for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best Play-Doh modelling clay – How to guide
- The 7 best magnetic toys – How to
- The 10 best magnetic building blocks – guidebook
- The 10 best wooden construction toys – guidebook
- The 10 best sticking games for children – guidebook
- The 8 best plug-in building blocks for toddlers – guidebook