Lego Duplo offers play fun for children from 1.5 years. Especially the LEGO Duplo animals put a smile on children’s faces. Since LEGO Duplo animals are made of safe materials, you can sit back and watch your child play. You may also want to play along and thus encourage your child through role-play and at the same time strengthen your bond.
Our checklist provides you with a comprehensive overview of LEGO Duplo animals and helps you to make an informed choice. Our product recommendations will also help you find what you’re looking for today, stress-free.
- The age guide will help you choose Duplo animals that are best suited for your child.
- The sturdy Duplo animals are suitable for children aged 1.5 to 5 years.
- Since children at this age still often explore objects with their mouths and tongues, the Duplo animals are made of materials that are safe for health and do not contain any small parts that can be swallowed. They are also easy to clean.
- Brightcolors support good perception and the cheerful design ensures age-appropriate fun.
- The large building blocks promote motor skills and are easy for even the smallest children to grasp and put together.
- Fun and exciting details, such as wiggly necks, folding mouths, wheels and sliding and bobbing elements, provide variety and invite discovery.
- Depending on the set, the duplo animals also include corresponding fences, enclosures or stables.
- Different environments, such as the home farm, the sea or the foreign savannah, encourage imagination and creativeplay.
- Several and especially different animals increase the learning effect and the play possibilities.
- Figures, such as animal keepers, farmers, divers, offer children the opportunity to slip into their roles.
- Buildings or vehicles that serve not only for playing but also as astorage box are great for on the go.
- Due to the age recommendation, the themes of Duplo animals are kept realistic. They include areas that the little ones know from everyday life.
- Children can probably identify most with the farm . The care and handling of domestic animals is learned here in a playful way.
- A visit to the zoo can be experienced again in miniature at home with the corresponding duplo animal set.
- Wild animals exert a fascination even on the youngest. But with duplo animals, even lion, tiger and co. have a friendly disposition.
- Small animals are also particularly popular. After all, many children grow up with their own pet or wish for one. With the duplo animals, handling can already be practiced.
Table of contents
Recommended LEGO Duplo Animals
We have collected the best and most interesting LEGO duplo animals.
Tip: You can find versatile fun with LEGO in our guide to LEGO theme sets
The Best Sellers Of LEGO Duplo Animals
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular LEGO duplo animals for you.
Tip: The best LEGO novelties can be found in this LEGO guide.
Current Offers On LEGO Duplo Animals
Find the best LEGO duplo animals deals in this list.
FAQ For LEGO Duplo Animals
According to the manufacturer, Lego duplo is suitable for children from 1.5 years. However, to be on the safe side, you should always check the manufacturer’s specifications for the respective product.
LEGO duplo has been around since 1969.
It would go beyond the scope of this article to list all the building possibilities that are open to your child with LEGO duplo. However, to give you an example, we would like to refer to certain themed sets. In addition to towers and other individual constructions, you can also sort by color, for example.
The cost of LEGO duplo can hardly be determined across the board, because it depends on whether you want to buy individual parts or entire sets. Small sets, e.g. a seesaw with animals are available from about 15 euros. More extensive packages, e.g. a great tree house in the jungle, cost about 60 euros. The latter is, among other things, due to the complexity only suitable for 2 years, whereas the seesaw can also be used from 1.5 years.
LEGO duplo should not be washed in the washing machine or dishwasher. Too high temperatures are not good for the bricks and your machine can break in the worst case. It is sufficient if you wipe the pieces with a damp cloth, if necessary with a mild soap. If there is really stubborn dirt, just use a toothbrush or cotton swab.
More On The Topic
LEGO Building Sets
- The 8 best LEGO Creator Expert kits
- The 10 best LEGO City building sets
- The 6 best LEGO Millennium Falcon kits
- The 10 best LEGO Classics kits
- 10 Best LEGO Creator Kits
- 9 Best LEGO Disney Kits
- The 10 best LEGO DOTS kits
- 8 Best LEGO Technic Kits
- 8 Best LEGO Super Mario Kits
- 18 Best LEGO Star Wars Kits
- The 12 best LEGO Technic remote control kits
- The 4 best LEGO Serious Play kits
- The 10 best LEGO Mindstorms kits