Table of contents
Balance boards offer great opportunities to effectively train balance, coordination, and muscle building. You can use the so-called “wobble board” to prepare for surfing or skating or to build up muscles after an injury. Among other things, you should look for the right model when choosing your balance board, because there are many different types of balance boards.
You can find everything you need to know in our checklist. In the product recommendations we have also picked out the best balance boards for you, here you will surely find what you are looking for.
- There are elongated balance boards, balance cushions, and round balance boards. Elongated balance boards are particularly suitable for beginners, as you only have to balance in two directions. Balance cushions are also ideal for first balance attempts. You can easily determine the degree of difficulty of the inflatable cushions by the amount of filling.
- Experts prefer to use around balance board. The larger the ball on which the board rests or the resulting distance to the ground, the greater the challenge.
- With elongated balance boards, the length of the board should always be based on the user’s leg length. You should be able to position your feet comfortably at the respective outer ends of the board. Round balance boards usually have a diameter of about 40 cm. Here, the larger the diameter, the easier it is to balance.
- Round balance boards with a large ball are particularly difficult. It takes some skill to find the balance here. We advise you to start with an elongated balance board or a balance board with a slightly smaller ball. On some boards, the ball is replaced by a kind of cushion. Balance boards with wooden balls have a very high degree of difficulty, because wood does not yield.
- There are balance boards made of wood, plastic, or rubber. When using a round balance board with a wooden ball, you should always make sure that you place a rubber mat underneath, such as a gymnastic mat, because wooden balls can quickly slip away. The mat prevents you from seriously injuring yourself in the event of a fall. The top of the board should have a non-slip coating. For example, grooves or small nubs provide a secure grip here. Some balance boards have a rubberized surface or a thin fabric cover.
Recommended Balance Boards
We have compiled the best and most interesting balance boards.
Tip: Check out our guide to the best fire trucks for great tips on toys.
The Best Sellers Of Balance Boards
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular balance boards for you.
Current Offers Of Balance Boards
You can find the best current offers on Balance Boards in this list.
Tip: For exciting tips on tools , check out our guide to the best files.
FAQ About Balance Boards
The balance board is also called a “wobble board” or “balance trainer”.
Balance board is effective for building muscles after injuries or for building deep muscles.
In most cases, cork mats are used as a base for the Balance Board.
The Balance Board trains your balance, coordination and the muscles of your back, legs and abdomen.
- The 18 best balance boards for kids – guidebook
- The 8 best ab trainers – guide
- The 10 best crosstrainers – guidebook
- The 10 best hoverboards – guidebook
- The 6 best 10 inch hoverboards – guidebook
- The 12 best hoverboards for kids – guidebook
Skateboards, longboards and waveboards
- The 10 best skateboards – guidebook
- The 10 best skateboards for kids – guidebook
- The 8 best e-skateboards 2021 – guidebook
- The 8 best longboards – guidebook
- The 10 best electric longboards – guidebook
- The 10 best waveboards for kids – guidebook