The right boxing gloves are a must for every martial artist and fitness boxer. Thus, the practical training tools protect against injuries to wrists and knuckles. This protection ensures that you can train more intensively and not only your technical but also your physical development progresses faster. When choosing your favorite gloves, you should first and foremost go for high-quality material – your hands will thank you for it while you’re standing at the punching bag.
However, there is a lot more to know! In our checklist we have summarized all the important details for the selection of the optimal boxing gloves for you. After you have carefully read through the checklist, we recommend you to take a look at our product recommendation to choose the best boxing gloves for home use, here you will surely find what you are looking for.
- Boxing gloves are mostly made of synthetic leather or genuine leather.
- Real leather has the advantage that it is usually much higher quality and accordingly longer lasting. Specifically, this means that the glove does not tear or tatter. However, this is also noticeable in the price.
- Pay attention to a clean processing of the gloves. These should be well sewn so that the gloves do not collapse.
- The inner material of the boxing gloves must be of high quality and contain good padding of inner foam so that the shock of the hits is successfully absorbed.
- For a little extra comfort, the glove should be cut to be breathable and provide heat regulation through the material under the fist.
- Boxing gloves should not be too big, they need to fit tightly so that the hit can be successfully absorbed and there is no injury to the knuckles.
- Boxing gloves that are too small are also suboptimal, they squeeze and you cannot clench a proper fist, thus you train yourself a wrong technique and or kink due to the unstable position of your hand.
- Note: Do not confuse the size with the thickness of the gloves. While the size is given in the usual measurements (S-XL), the thickness of the gloves is measured in ounces (Oz).
- Furthermore, you need different gloves for training than for competition. In training, you should use slightly thicker 12-14 Oz gloves, in competition 8-10 Oz are mostly used.
- Make sure that the thumb is attached to the glove to prevent it from sticking out and bending during a punch.
- The glove should be stable and fit well, this will support the wrist and you reduce the risk of injury enormously.
- For additional protection, you should bandage your hands with boxing band ages.
- If you use the boxing gloves for sparring , a head guard is recommended to prevent bruises or cuts.
- When sparring , turn down the intensity , less is more in this case.
Table of contents
Recommended Boxing Gloves
Here you can find the top 10 most popular boxing gloves.
Tip: You can find great Brazil jerseys in our guide to the most popular Brazil jerseys
The Best Sellers Of Boxing Gloves
We have compiled the most popular boxing gloves for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: You can find helpful crowbars in our guide to the best crowbars.
Current Offers For Boxing Gloves
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the boxing gloves section.
FAQ About Boxing Gloves
Boxing gloves come in many different sizes. The sizes are based on common glove sizes. In our guide you will find a wide selection of different boxing gloves, in which you can also find the right size for your hands.
The thickness of the gloves is given in ounces (oz). Depending on the occasion or personal preference, the thickness can vary. Most gloves are between 8 and 14 oz thick.
If you already own boxing gloves, use this size as a guide. If you are buying boxing gloves for the first time, you should either try them on before use or check the manufacturer’s size charts beforehand.
Boxing gloves differ in material, size and thickness, which is why this question cannot be answered in a general way. Try as many boxing gloves as possible and decide on the best feel and the best material. In our product recommendations you will surely find a suitable pair.
With increasing thickness, the weight of the boxing gloves also increases. While lightweight models weigh just over 200 g, gloves with a thickness of 18 oz weigh over 500 g.
Boxing gloves protect the hands of the boxer as well as the body of the opponent. Due to the straight surface, blows can be better absorbed and endured.
Depending on the quality and thickness, common boxing gloves cost between 20 and 300 €.
- The top 9 martial arts shoes – guidebook
- The 10 best punching bags for home – guidebook
- The 10 best tactical fighting suits – Guidebook
- The 8 best fitness trackers – advice
- The 8 best fitness tapes – guidebook
- The 4 best trampolines from Hudora – How to guide
- The 8 best ab trainers – advice
- The 8 best medicine balls – guidebook
- The 8 best yoga mats – advice