Whether at parties or children’s birthday parties, a children’s slide is always great fun for the little ones. If you want to give your child a great pleasure, you can buy your own children’s slide for your garden. So your child and his friends can have fun sliding all summer long.
As a parent, you are of course responsible for ensuring safety. Therefore, you should pay attention to the quality of the children’s slide. Good quality and proper construction are essential to avoid accidents.
To ensure that the joy of the slide toy really lasts for a long time, it is important to consider some important purchase criteria when buying it. You can find all the information from purchase to assembly in our compact checklist. We have also compiled a list of the best children’s slides for you.
- The smallest slides are suitable for small children with 50 cm to 150 cm and stand independently. They can be flexibly placed in the garden or the apartment.
- Larger slides are designed for outdoor use and usually need to be mounted on a climbing frame. They usually have a length of 200 cm and are mostly approved for children over 3 years .
- Some models are also intended for mounting on a hill or mountain. These are the largest slides, which are offered to you in a length of 250 to 300 cm.
- The size of a slide should therefore be selected primarily according to the age of your child, but also take into account the available space .
- Small slides are made of simple plastic , so the maximum weight should not be exceeded.
- The larger models are made of hard plastic or metal. These materials are longer lasting and much more stable, so a higher weight is allowed. However, we advise you not to use metal, as it can heat up strongly in the summer.
- You should also take good workmanship and quality into consideration. For example, there should be no sharp edges or protruding screws, otherwise there is a risk of injury.
- Also look out for test seals (e.g. TÜV) so that you get materials that are free of harmful substances and BPA.
- The maximum load limit of the respective product must not be exceeded. You should generally adhere to the manufacturer’s specifications, e.g. related to the age of the children.
- Especially smaller children must not be left out of sight.
- For higher protection we recommend Fall protection mats , because falls do not fail to happen with children.
- To achieve more stability, the slide must be placed on a resistant floor and have the widest possible foot frames .
- In addition, read the assembly instructions and proceed step by step as described by the manufacturer.
Table of contents
Recommended Children Slides
Tip: You can find many other great play equipment for the garden in our guide to garden pirate.
The Best Sellers Of Children’s slides
In this bestseller list we have compiled the most popular children’s slides for you.
Tip: You can discover scooters in our guide to Hudora scooters.
Current Offers Of Children Slides
Here you will find a collection of current offers on children’s slides.
FAQ About Kids Slides
Children’s slides are available from many different manufacturers. There are single slides for indoors and outdoors, slides as part of a play or climbing tower, or even some with an integrated water connection. We have compiled the most popular models for you on this page.
Above all, a children’s slide should be stable and durable. Stable and wide feet ensure that the slide stands securely. The slide should also be weatherproof and UV-resistant, so that the slide can still be used after several years. Above all, the slide should be adapted to the age of your child.
At 3 years old, a slide of 2m length is appropriate. A slide with a length of 1 m – 1.5 m would underchallenge your child and it would not be fun for long. Ideal are, for example, wave slides to be mounted on a climbing frame.
A slide is a playground for children. The children climb up, sit down and slide down. For this purpose, the slide is not parallel to the ground, but downward.
The smallest slides start from 50 cm. So a slide is suitable for your child as soon as he can crawl and climb.
More On The Topic
Playground equipment for the garden
- The 10 best mud kitchens for children – guidebook
- The 12 best sandboxes for children – guidebook
- The 12 best water slides for the garden – guidebook
- The 8 best wave slides – guidebook
- The 10 best play towers with slide – guidebook
- The 20 best climbing frames for children – How to guide
- The best children’s swings – guidebook
- The 15 best garden trampolines for children – guidebook
- The 4 best trampolines from Hudora – Guidebook
- The 6 best rectangular trampolines – Guidebook
- The 12 best children’s playhouses – guidebook
Toys with movement
- The 25 best scooters, running bikes and bicycles from Bikestar – guidebook
- The 15 best running bikes from 2 years – guidebook
- The 15 best running bikes from 2,5 years – guidebook
- The 15 best running bikes from 3 years – guidebook
- The 5 best scooters from Puky – guidebook
- The 5 best scooters for children – guidebook
- The 10 best waveboards for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best roller skates for kids – guidebook
- The 9 best inline skates for kids – guidebook
- The best bikes for kids – guidebook
- The 7 best swing towels for kids – guidebook