Play-doh is a fun way for kids to work on their fine motor skills and get creative at a young age. Play-Doh modeling clay is one of the leading sets on the market. Not for nothing, because the market leader scores with a large selection of colors, types of plasticine, and theme sets with which your child will have fun for a long time.
You can find everything you need to know about Play-Doh in our checklist. In addition, we have compiled the best Play-Doh modeling clay in a compact form that is quick and easy to access in the product recommendations . Here you can find the perfect set for your child.
Table of contents
The Best Sellers Of Play-Doh Clay
We have compiled the most popular Play-Doh clay for you in this bestseller list.
Checklist For Play-Doh Modeling Clay
- Play-Doh can be used from the age of 1.5 years, because even if something ends up in the mouth, this is not dangerous, because the plasticine is colored with food col oring. In this age group, plasticine is particularly suitable for promoting fine motor skills.
- However, Play-Doh is only really recommended from around 3 years of age, when children start to be creative and start making their first real figures.
- Play-Doh is available in individual pots, but is almost exclusively offered in sets.
- Thus, usually several pots in different colors or glitter dough are included. Often, accessories such as rollers or cookie cutters are also included.
- There are also numerous game sets with themes:
- With oven and kitchen sets, your child can shape or cut out his own dishes and live out his fantasy as a baker.
- With addressable heads, your child can push through the Play-Doh figure, grow hair on the head and then style it as desired.
- At the Play-Doh supermarket checkout, your child shapes bills and coins and operates the cash register himself.
- Sold separately, there are also kneading tools, a storage box and play mat, cutting and shaping.
- For storage of the plasticine Play-Doh offers a special storage box.
- This is divided into 4 separate areas to sort all the kneading tools and tins and can be stored safely with the lid closed.
- The lid itself can additionally be used as a base for playing.
Recommended Play-Doh Kneading
Here you can find the top 10 most popular Play-Doh clay.
- ALL-IN-ONE PLAY-DOH SET: This Play-Doh kit has it all - over 20 Play-Doh tools, 8 Play-Doh colors, a storage case, and detachable play surface
- OVER 20 PLAY-DOH ACCESSORIES: There's plenty of fun tools to let kids cut, roll, shape, and squish their Play-Doh compound
- STORAGE CASE: With 4 compartments and a snap-shut cover, it's easy to store and organize all of the pieces and cans when playtime is over
- USE THE LID AS A PLAY SURFACE: The lid on the storage case is also a removable play surface with a variety of textures to add imprints to their creations and keep the Play-Doh fun off the table
- 8 PLAY-DOH CANS: This Play-Doh pack comes with 2-ounce cans of Play-Doh modeling compound in red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, and white
- KIDS ARTS AND CRAFTS: These creative toys for boys and girls make great activities for kids who love arts and craft supplies
- GREAT FOR KIDS GIFTS: Play-Doh sets make great gifts for 3 year old girls and boys and up
- COLORFUL PLAY-DOH CANDY CRANKIN' MACHINE: This whimsical Play-Doh candy factory comes with a candy machine, pretend peanut butter cup maker, and tools to help kids imagine their own magical sweet shop
- PLAY-DOH GUMMIES, CRAZY CANDY CUPS, SILLY CHOCOLATE BAR SHAPES, AND MORE: So much variety! The play candy crank machine makes the pretend gummies and bars, and the mold creates cups
- DOUBLE THE FUN WITH THE FILLING MACHINE: Now kids can actually fill one Play-Doh color into another to create pretend nougat-filled bars and filled Play-Doh candy cups with multiple colors
- SCOOP IT INTO THE BUCKETS: Kids can scoop their creative Play-Doh candies into the 3 pretend candy boxes inspired by classic candy counters
- INCLUDES 5 PLAY-DOH CANS: Non-toxic Play-Doh compound in standard 2-ounce containers featuring 2 chocolate-colored brown cans plus blue, green, and red to inspire colorful ideas
- PD OLAF SNOWBALL MAKER
- Ideal for kids
- Designed for easy use
- See Play-Doh foods "bake" in the electronic Magical Oven
- Load pretend food and Play-Doh compound, then press the lever
- White light changes to red and oven makes Ding! sound when done "baking"
- Make pretend foods like make-believe muffins, play pizzas, and crazy cakes
- Create side dishes and show off creations with the plates and utensils
- German (Publication Language)
- Grow and style hilarious play-doh hair - sit your customer in the chair and turn the crank to grow hilarious hair, then style them up, one of the two characters can also grow a silly beard
- Electric buzzer makes real buzz sounds - hear the sound whenever the buzzer touches Play-Doh compound
- Kids are going to love growing hair and shaving it all off again; buzzer requires 2 AAA batteries (not included)
- Pretend play for kids' ages three and up - an ideal gift for pre-schoolers, this barber shop toy is sure to be a delight for girls' and boys alike
- It is an ideal activity for kids who love arts and crafts like modelling clay.Five Play-Doh colours and silly salon accessories with five Play-Doh colours in two ounce cans, kids' can create the most colourful hairstyles imaginable.Also includes kid-friendly plastic scissors, a brush and a razor to help them feel like real barbers.Incredible birthday or holiday gift: For kids' ages four and up who dream of owning a loveable pet.Please note that the buzzer only works in contact with the modelling clay.
- IMAGINE THE PLAY-DOH PIZZA POSSIBILITIES: Your little chef can slice up some oven-fresh fun again and again with this pizza play food set for kids ages 3 and up. Makes a great gift or creative activity
- STAMP AND SPIN A CRAZY CRUST: Add Play-Doh compound onto the pan and into the toy pizza oven, then press the handle to stamp a round Play-Doh pizza crust and see the pan spin around
- SILLY CHEESE MACHINE: More Play-Doh cheese, please The cheese crank shreds Play-Doh compound to look like grated cheese
- GO TOPSY-TURVY WITH TOPPINGS: Shape traditional toppings like pretend pepperoni and veggies or make wacky dessert pizzas with crazy candies on top
- 5 PLAY-DOH CANS AND 6 ACCESSORIES: This Play-Doh toy is great for kids who love modeling clay. It comes with 5 standard-size 2-ounce Play-Doh cans, plus a pizza paddle, cutter, and more
- 20 Play-Doh colours for creative fun
- Great for play dates, gifts, classrooms and more
- Each can contains 85 grams of Play-Doh compound
- Moulds and shapes plasticine
- LET'S PLAY GROCERY STORE - The Play-Doh Cash Register toy for kids 3 years and up comes with 11 fun supermarket-themed Play-Doh tools to let them get creative and play pretend grocery store.
- CLASSIC CASH REGISTER SOUNDS - The toy scanner on the cash register beeps when you place a Play-Doh creation on it, and the drawer makes a satisfying cha-ching sound when you open the till.
- MAKE PLAY-DOH MONEY (CHA-CHING!) - The wallet book-mold creates Play-Doh coins and cash that kids can put in and take out of the register. There's also a mold to make a Play-Doh credit card!
- ALL THE RIGHT PLAY-DOH ACCESSORIES - Handheld barcode stamper, basket, shopping bag, built-in receipt maker, and 5 play food cutters complete the pretend shopping experience!
- INCLUDES 4 NON-TOXIC PLAY-DOH COLORS - With 4 Play-Doh colors in standard 2-ounce cans, kids can make a bunch of Play-Doh grocery store creations!
- English (Publication Language)
- LET IMAGINATION SPARKLE - This Play-Doh 6-pack features Play-Doh Sparkle compound mixed with lots of glitter, plus 2 cutters to make butterflies and stars
- 6 NON-TOXIC PLAY-DOH COLORS - With red, pink, purple, green, yellow, and blue, this non-toxic Play-Doh set makes a great party favor or activity for kids 3 years and up
- A FUN PLAY-DOH REFILL PACK - These colors are fun to use on their own for arts and crafts for kids, and they make a great add-on to any Play-Doh playset or toolset (sold separately)
- German (Publication Language)
Tip: You can find many great audio games in our guide to the best audio games for children
Current Offers For Play-Doh Plasticine
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the Play-Doh Clay section.
Tip: In our guide to the best soccer shoes there are exciting tips on the subject of soccer for you.
FAQ About Play-Doh Clay
Over 100 million cans of Play-Doh play dough are produced each year. It is sold by many different retailers.
If the Play-Doh has become hard, don’t despair and discard it. With this tip, Play-Doh will become soft again: First, knead the Play-Doh in a damp kitchen towel and leave it wrapped in it for one night. The next day, knead it well again and put it back in the potty. And the kneading fun can continue!
Play-Doh clay can be used from the age of 1.5 years, as it is not dangerous. Even if some clay is eaten, the child will not be harmed.
The exact ingredients of Play-Doh plasticine are a company secret. The basic ingredients are flour, water and salt.
If the pots are always resealed after play, the Play-Doh can last up to 2 years.
You can make and shape things with Play-Doh clay. If you have certain theme sets, you can combine the dough with the set.
More About The Theme
Crafting And Experimenting
- The best craft supplies for children – guide
- The 10 best Kinetic sand sets – guidebook
- The 15 best experimenting kits for kids – guidebook
- The 15 best craft sets for kids – guidebook
- The 7 best water coloring mats from Aqua Doodle – Advice
- The 13 best coloring books for kids – How to guide
- The 7 best fire painting pistons – Advisor
- The 9 best LEGO Duplo houses – How to guide
- The 8 best Lego Duplo farms – guidebook
- The 5 best Lego Duplo fire sets – guidebook
- The 8 best LEGO duplo building sites – guidebook
- The 38 best LEGO duplo building sets – guidebook
- The 10 best LEGO duplo animals – guidebook
- The 6 best LEGO duplo knight castles – guidebook
- The 7 best Lego duplo firefighters – How to guide
- The 7 best LEGO duplo farms – guidebook
- The 9 best LEGO duplo railroads – guidebook