We have compared many play sand packs for kids. Find out here what to look for when buying play sand and what criteria you can use to recognize good play sand for kids.
We have not only written a checklist with the most important criteria for play sand for children, but also compiled many product recommendations for you.
- Kinetic sand is recommended by most manufacturers for children 3 years and older. At this age, children can already move their hands well and it is therefore possible for them to make kneading movements and create shapes.
- Play sand consists of 98% quartz sand and 2% polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS).
- PDMS is also found in some foods, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals and is therefore not harmful.
- PDMS is used to bind the sand so that it does not crumble and your child can play with it.
- The sand is available in different colors. So you have a wide selection for your child to choose from. The favorite color of your child is guaranteed.
- Some sets also contain sand molds, shovels or watering cans. So your child has even more fun.
- The great thing about Kinetik sand is that you can always form new figures or shapes with it. After the desired building project, simply pour water over the sand and it will return to its original shape. When the sand is dry, the next building project can be started.
- To ensure that the sand guarantees fun for a long time , children should wash their hands well before use.
- One of the biggest advantages is that the sand can be used indoors or out doors. Unlike in the sandbox or on the beach, it does not need to be wet to be able to shape and fix it well.
- Playing with play sand promotes your child’s fine motor skills.
- In addition, your child can develop his imagination by forming different animals and models.
- Kneading and shaping the sand can have a calming effect on your child.
- The sand can be used again and again to build new things.
- In bad weather, the sand is great as an alternative to the TV.
Table of contents
Recommended Play Sand
Here you can find the top 10 among the most popular play sand packages.
Tip: You can find the best solar showers in our guide to the 10 best solar showers.
The Best Sellers Of The Play Sand Packages
We have compiled the most popular play sand packs for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: The 9 best ski helmets for kids can be found in our guide to the 9 best ski helmets for kids.
Current Offers For Play Sand
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the area of play sand.
FAQ About Play Sand
Play sand is a magic sand that can be molded into any shape without collapsing like regular sand. Subsequently, it crumbles again very easily when touched. The sand feels like rubber dough or very airy cake dough and brings a very special experience with lots of fun.
Play sand consists of 98% quartz sand and 2% polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS). PDMS is not harmful, provides the binding of the sand grains and is even contained in some foods.
Kinetic sand does not dry out when exposed to air. So it can be stored in a plastic can or similar with a clear conscience.
PDMS is also used in pharmaceuticals and cosmetics, among other things. Therefore, Kinetic Sand can be used for playing without any problems.
It is best to store Kinetic Sand in a resealable plastic container.
The sand is great for building shapes and small figures. It is also suitable for kneading.
Magic sand promotes the development, motor skills and creativity of your child.
If the sand gets wet, it takes on its original shape and disintegrates. Once the sand is dry, it can be used again.
Kinetic Sand should not be mixed with any other sand. then the Kinetic Sand can no longer develop its effect. The colors should also not be mixed, otherwise a gray or an unattractive color will come out.
Educational toys for children
- The 15 best educational toys for children – guidebook
- The 12 best playhouses for children – guidebook
- The best puzzles for kids – guidebook
- The 12 best pull-along toys for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best card games for children – guidebook
- The 6 best building sets from GraviTrax – guidebook
Toys for children
- The 15 best Bibi Blocksberg toys – guidebook
- The 8 best Polly-Pocket toys – guidebook
- The 7 best magnetic toys – guidebook
- The 25 best Schleich toys – guidebook
- The 9 most popular Kapla toys – guidebook
- The 5 best wooden toys from Fagus – guidebook