Table of contents
For some years now, the buzz around RC drones has been increasing. There are good reasons for this because it’s incredibly fun to explore the world with these small quadrocopters. If your drone also has a camera, you can also capture fascinating images. However, there are a few things to consider when buying your drone. For example, it is important that you pay attention to the weight of the drones because from 2 kilograms you need a drone license.
You can find out more about this and many other criteria for buying an RC drone in our checklist. Afterward, it’s worth taking a look at our product recommendations, where we have compiled the best RC drones for you.
- Drones with a weight of more than 250 grams are subject to mandatory marking. When buying, you should therefore pay attention to the weight.
- From a weight of 250 grams you need a drone badge, which must be visible, fireproof and permanently attached.
- From a weight of 2 kilograms, you must also have a drone driver’s license .
- From a weight of 5 kil ograms, you even need an ascent permit, which is issued by the responsible state aviation authority.
- So-called mini drones are therefore worthwhile for beginners. They are ideal for indoor flight.
- The quality of the camera depends on the resolution, the frame rate and the so-called gimbal, which compensates for the drone’s own movements.
- The resolution of the camera should be at least 720p, while you should pay attention to a value of at least 30 fps for the frame rate.
- If you want to fly easily and spend little money, you should choose a drone without a camera.
- The battery capacity determines the flight time. Here you should pay attention to the largest possible capacity in milliampere hours (mAh).
- The larger the battery, the heavier the drone. Therefore, many manufacturers focus on a lower flight time.
- A good battery has about 5000 mAh and, depending on the size and weight of the drone, provides a flight time of up to 30 minutes.
- As a beginner, a high range of the drones does not play a major role for you.
- As an advanced user, you should pay attention to a range of at least 100 meters. Since there must basically be a direct line of sight , you don ‘t need a range that is too long.
- An automatic take-off and landing function simplifies controlling the drone and supports you in maneuvering.
- A return-to-home function ensures that your drone gets back to the starting point safely in case of a connection loss.
- In addition, when the battery is low, the drone should land automatically.
- A controller is particularly suitable for controlling the drone. This has an integrated screen or a holder for the smartphone and makes flying easier.
Recommended RC Drones
Here you can find the top 10 among the most popular RC drones.
Tip: You can find many great gardening tools in our guide to hose boxes for Gardena.
RC Drone Best Sellers
We have compiled the most popular RC drones for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: You’ll find great deals on soccer in our guide to the best Austria jerseys
Current Offers For RC Drone
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the RC drones section.
FAQ About RC Drones
You should buy a drone that has high precision, automatically avoids obstacles and is easy to operate
You can buy mini drones from about 35 euros. Drones with mediocre camera quality and less technical accessories cost between 60 and 70 euros. If you want to buy a very high quality drone with 4k camera quality and extensive technical features, you will pay about 180 euros.
Depending on the model, a drone can fly up to 2800 meters high.
The best drones have a flight time between 20 and 34 minutes.
For beginners, it is worth investing in a more expensive drone, because it has more sensors and more features for security.
Drones with a camera quality of 1080 p cost between 60 and 70 euros. If you want to make very high-quality 4k recordings, the drone costs up to 180 euros.
The best drones can fly up to 3200 meters in 25 minutes.
RC drones usually have a remote control tuned to you.
For flight photography, you should use at least a full HD camera. The higher the resolution, the better.
- The 15 best RC cars for men – guidebook
- The 9 best cars from Carrera RC – Guidebook
- The 10 best remote control cars for kids – guidebook
- The 9 best RC models from Tamiya – Guidebook
- The 10 best RC models from Revell-Control – Guidebook
- The 8 best RC trucks for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best RC monster trucks for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best RC buggies for kids – guidebook
- The 8 best RC helicopter cars for kids – guidebook
- The 15 best remote control boats for kids – guidebook
- The 8 best RC cranes for kids – guidebook
- The 12 best RC excavators for kids – guidebook
- The top 17 remote controlled animals – guidebook
- The 12 best remote controlled LEGO Technic kits – guidebook
- The 18 best RC construction machines for kids – guidebook