On a rocking horse children’s balance is trained in a playful way. In addition, the rocking horse is a real eye-catcher and should therefore not be missing in the nursery of your offspring.
We have created a checklist in which all important purchase criteria are summarized. You can also find a great selection of different rocking horses in our product recommendations.
- Rockinghorses are suitablefrom 1 to 3 years. Children should be able to sit and walk independently for a rocking horse.
- For children up to 5 years old, there are rocking horses that are larger than the common models.
- Especially children who still have problems with balance should either be held on the rocking horse or secured with a harness.
- A child sitting on a rocking horse should always be supervised.
- The classic rocking horse is – as the name suggests – the horse.
- Other popular models include elephants, rabbits, dinosaur, dog and many more.
- We recommend solid wood for the frame and a soft saddle made of fabric or leather.
- The body of the rocking horse is usually made of cotton and polyester.
- Some rocking horses are made entirely of wood, here you need to make sure that the wood is well made and does not splinter at any point to prevent injury.
- In general, pollutant-free material should be used to protect the sensitive skin of children. A test seal ensures the use of skin-friendly materials.
Table of contents
Recommended Rocking Horses
Here you can find the top 8 most popular rocking horses.
Tip: You can find many great travel games in our guide to travel games.
The Best Sellers Of Rocking Horses
We have compiled the most popular rocking horses for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: You can find practical fine saws in our guide to fine saws.
Current Offers For Rocking Horse
Here you will find a selection of current offers for rocking horses.
FAQ About Rocking Horses
Rocking animals are usually approved from 1 year of age. It is important that the child can sit and walk independently. Especially the very young should also be strapped in and supervised. Mostly the rocking animals are interesting up to an age of 3 years.
Very often people still buy the classic rocking horse. But the other animals, such as donkeys or dogs, are also increasing in popularity. The purchase should be decided according to the preferences of the child, because about the favorite animal he is certainly the most pleased.
The price of a rocking horse ranges from 40 to over 200€. It depends mainly on the size and material of the rocking horse.
Children usually lose interest in rocking horses at the age of about 3 years. Larger rocking horses, however, are quite interesting up to an age of 5 years.
Toys for children
- The 10 best Yakari toys – guidebook
- The 9 best Paw Patrol figures – guidebook
- The 9 best Paw Patrol vehicles – guidebook
- The 10 best Hatchimals – Guidebook
- The 8 best Fireman Sam toys – guidebook
- The 10 best Schleich Maya the Bee figures – guidebook
- The 10 best doctor’s cases for children – advice
- The 7 best magnetic toys – guidebook
- The 10 best known toys from BIG – Advisor
- The 10 best toys for 8 year old children
- The 10 best toys for 10 year old children – Advisor
Musical instruments for children
- The best musical instruments for children – guidebook
- The 10 best ORFF instruments for kids – guidebook
- The 7 best 1/4 guitars for kids – guidebook
- The 7 best 3/4 guitars for kids – guidebook
- The 7 best 1/2 guitars for children – guidebook
- The 6 best toy keyboards – guidebook
- The 8 best drum sets for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best percussion instruments for children – guidebook
- The 6 best xylophones for children – guidebook