You want to fulfill your child’s dream of having their own sandbox, but you don’t have room in the garden? Then a sand shell is a great alternative. In addition, they offer the advantage that they can also be filled with water to use as a paddling pool.
We have compared several sand shells with each other and picked out the best ones. To help you decide on a sand shell, we have created a checklist. It contains the most important criteria that you should consider when buying. Finally, the product recommendations make your choice easier.
- Sand shells can be filled with sand as usual, but also with water and serve as a paddling pool.
- Since it consists of 2 parts (hinged), both sides can also be filled differently. However, it should be noted that the water will probably not stay clean for a long time.
- In addition, sand shells can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Most sand shells are made of hard plastic and are available in different colors.
- Some varieties are also inflatable, but are the worse choice in terms of durability and health.
- Be sure to check that there are no harmful substances in it. This can be recognized by test marks such as TÜV or ÖkoTex.
- In terms of workmanship, sharp edges are a no-go.
- Sand shells are offered in several sizes, but are usually smaller compared to real sandboxes.
- Here, the space in the garden / apartment and the age of the child should be considered. Sand shells are more suitable for small children
- One part has a diameter of approx. 1 m, so that the sand shell takes up an area of approx. 2 square meters when unfolded.
- Usually nothing else is included in addition to the sand shell.
- It is also recommended to buy a sun canopy if the shell is not in the shade. Sand toys must not be missing, of course.
Table of contents
Recommended Sand Shells For Children
Tip: Bicycle tour with children in planning? Here are great children’s bike trailers.
The best sellers of sand shells for children
In this bestseller list we have compiled the most popular sand shells for you.
Current offers of sand shells
Here you can find a collection of current offers on sand shells for kids.
Tip: Rectangular trampolines are something different and offer a lot of space.
FAQ about sand shells
You can fit 2 to 3 bags of play sand in a sand shell. So you can fill it with 30 and 40 liters of sand.
A sand shell takes up a total size of 1.50 m to 2 m.
The price of a sand shell is between 10€ and 30€. The price is mainly due to the size.
You can use normal play sand. You can get it in a hardware store or on the Internet. If you use the sand shell indoors, you can also use Kinetic sand.
More on the topic
Sandbox and related toys
- The 9 best sandboxes for children
- The 10 best sandboxes with roof for children – guidebook
- The 12 best sandboxes for children – guidebook
- The 10 best sand toys – guide
- The 10 best sitting excavators for children – guidebook
- The 10 best construction vehicles from Bruder – Advisor
Toys for the garden
- The 10 best garden toys from 1 year – Guidebook
- The 105 best garden toys – guidebook
- The 5 best pedal tractors – guidebook
- The 10 best plate swings – guidebook
- The 20 best climbing frames for children – guidebook
- The 10 best play towers with slide – guidebook
- The 8 best rope ladders for children – guidebook
- The 8 best stilt houses for children – guidebook
- The 8 best wave slides – guidebook
- The 8 best water play tables – guidebook
- The 10 best mud kitchens for children – guidebook