Which toy is the right one for children at the age of 2? This is a question many parents ask themselves. 2-year-old children have increasingly better hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills and develop interests and preferences for certain toys.
If you want to please your child with a new toy, it should be selected according to specific criteria. So that you don’t lose track of the multitude of toys, we have compiled important purchase criteria in a checklist for you. We have also listed product recommendations on this basis.
- Already 2-year-old children can develop enormous forces. The toy should withstand these forces and be robust.
- It is important that the material is free of harmful and toxic substances. You can recognize this mainly by the test seal (e.g. Stiftung Warentest). but often also by bad smell.
- Most toys are made of wood or plastic. Wood is the more stable and durable option. Plastic, on the other hand, is lighter, making it easier for your child to carry, and easier to clean.
- In addition, you should pay attention to a high-quality processing, so that no sharp corners or edges are to be found, on which your child can injure himself.
- The selection of toys for 2-year-olds is huge. So you should choose primarily according to your child’s interests.
- Creativity and fine motor skills are encouraged, for example, by painting on a magic board/paper, handicrafts, or sticking games.
- If your child loves movement, a trampoline, vehicle or climbing frame is a good choice.
- Brain activity, stamina and concentration are strengthened, for example, by means of fishing and coloring games as well as board games.
- Car and ball tracks, building blocks, musical instruments and role-playing games such as children’s kitchens, grocery stores, dollhouses or doctor’s kits are also very popular.
- It is important for all types of toys that they do not contain any small parts for 2-year-old children, otherwise there is a risk of suffocation.
- Despite age requirements, toys should always be adapted to the current stage of development. For example, some children are ready earlier and others later.
- More complex toys are becoming more interesting for children at the age of 2 and a lot can promote your child. However, overload can also quickly follow if things are still clearly too difficult. Listen to your feeling when the right time has come for your child.
- Individual interests and preferences should also be taken into account so that the child has fun with the toy for a long time.
Table of contents
Recommended Toys For 2-Year-Old Children
We have taken a close look at the subject and compiled toys for 2-year-olds that meet all the essential criteria in terms of workmanship and functions.
Tip: You can find many great children’s instruments in our guide to musical instruments for children.
The Best Sellers Of Toys For 2 Years Old Children
We have compiled the most popular toys for 2-year-olds for you in this list of bestsellers.
Tip: For exciting outdoor adventures, you can find great climbing frames for kids in our guide to climbing frames for kids.
Current Offers Of Toys For 2 Year Old
Here you will always find the best deals on toys for 2 year old that are currently available.
FAQ About Toys For 2 Year Old
The right toy for 2-year-olds should be robust and free of harmful substances. At this age, fine motor skills are improving more and more, so more complex toys can be considered. The child’s interests and preferences should also be taken into account at this age. You are sure to find what you are looking for in our product recommendations.
More On The Topic
- The best musical instruments for children – guide
- The 10 best doctor’s cases for children – guidebook
- The 10 best game collections for kids – guidebook
- The 13 best coloring books for kids – How to guide
- The 15 best indoor climbing frames for children – guidebook
- The 10 best Play-Doh modelling clay – advice
- The best craft supplies for kids – guidebook
- The 8 best PlayMais craft kits for kids – guidebook
- The 20 best climbing frames for children – guidebook
- The 17 best climbing frames for children – guidebook
- The 10 best play towers with slide – guidebook
- The 8 best wave slides – guidebook
- The 9 best children’s slides – guidebook
- The 12 best children’s playhouses – guidebook
- The 105 best garden toys – guidebook
- The 10 best sandboxes with roof for children – guidebook
- The 9 best sand shells for children – guidebook
- The 10 best sitting excavators for children – guidebook
- The best children’s vehicles – guidebook
- The 25 best scooters, bikes and bicycles from Bikestar – advice
- The 17 best children’s pools – guidebook