Table of contents
For a great skiing vacation with your child, your child needs the right children’s skis. So that you know what to look for when buying, we have created a checklist. In addition, we have linked you to many high-quality children’s skis in our product recommendations. Just have a look there!
- Up to the height of 1.60m or a weight of 55kg should be used children’s skis. The carving ski brand is very much in the lead here. These are specially designed for beginners and occasional skiers, as they are very easy to ski with and there are no drastic consequences if you do something wrong.
- Adult skis come into question when at least one of the two values is exceeded.
- The choice of color is completely up to your child. There are children’s skis in all sorts of colors. From plain colors like gray and heavy to a bright yellow or pink.
- Beginners: ski length to armpit/shoulder.
- Upto 135cm: ski length to nose/mouth/chin.
- Up to 155cm: ski length to nose/forehead.
- If your child is more experienced in skiing, the ski length can be + 7 cm.
- If your child is a little stronger, orientate yourself to the upper limit. If your child is a little more petite, use the lower limit.
- The binding is often included in the purchase.
- It is important that the mounting and adjustment of the binding is done by a professional. This knows exactly how it works and especially how the Z-value should be set.
- In order for your child to ski safely, the right ski equipment is needed.
- This includes a good ski suit and suitable ski boots as well as a ski helmet. These will keep your child warm and protect them in the event of a fall.
- It is also important that the binding is properly adjusted and that your child skis with the correct length. Beginners should never ski with the longest skis.
- The right ski poles are also part of good safe ski equipment.
- However, your child should be able to open and close the binding independently.
Recommended Children’s Skis
Here you will find the top 5 among the most popular children’s skis.
Tip: You can find the best Filly horses in our guide to the 10 best Fillly horses.
The Best Sellers Of Children’s Ski
We have compiled the most popular children’s skis for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: The best unicycles for kids can be found in our guide to the 8 best unicycles for kids.
Current Offers For Kids Ski
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the area of children’s ski.
FAQ About Kinderski
Beginners should start with a ski length up to the armpits or shoulder. Children up to 135cm are recommended a length up to the nose or chin and those up to 155cm up to the forehead. In addition, narrower children should go for shorter skis and stronger ones for longer ones.
Children’s skis start in price from 25€. However, the price rises to over 100€. This depends on the age group and therefore the length of the children’s skis.
Already children from 3 to 4 years can start skiing. The muscles are mostly strong enough for it from this age. The sooner children start, the better.
Either you teach your child to ski yourself or you enroll them in a ski school.
There is no general answer to this question. It varies from child to child. As a rule, however, it can be said that after 3 days of lessons, success can already be seen.
There is an increased risk of accidents if you ski off-piste or exaggerate your speed. Most accidents happen because the rules are not followed and are therefore self-inflicted.
- The 8 best ski suits for kids – guidebook
- The 9 best ski helmets for children – guidebook
- The 10 best ski boots for kids – guidebook
Sledges For Kids
- The best children’s sleds and bobsleds – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s sleds made of plastic – Guidebook
- The 15 best wooden sleds for kids – How to guide
- The 8 best horn sleds for kids – guidebook
- The 8 best steerable bobsleds for kids – guidebook
- The 8 best snow slides for children – guidebook