Children love to replay real-life situations. And what is better than a store? This role play is one of the most popular toys and promotes your child in many areas. Thus, the language skills, cognition, and creativity are strengthened. In addition, the game has a positive effect on social skills by playing and sharing together with others. The purchase decision is facilitated by our checklist and product recommendations!
- You should choose the size primarily according to the space available in the nursery or garden.
- On the one hand, there is the more space-saving version with one shelf, which combines the sale and storage.
- On the other hand, you are offered larger models with 2 shelves, where the sale and storage of food are separated.
- For children up to 3 years old, the former variant is quite sufficient. However, older children usually need more variety, so here rather the second version comes into question. If you intend that several children play with the store at the same time, we also recommend the larger model.
- The height of a store is usually between 80 and 120 cm. The height of your child is crucial so that he or she can reach everywhere independently.
- Most manufacturers use wood for toy stores, as it is very robust and durable. However, the disadvantage is that it is not flexible to move around due to its heavy weight and it is not easy to maintain either.
- You should definitely pay attention to pollutant-free material. You can recognize all this by test marks such as Stiftung Warentest.
- A bad smell can also indicate harmful substances.
- During processing, it is important that there are no sharp edges/corners and no splinters sticking out to avoid injuries.
- Pay attention especially with wood to an impregnation or get it independently. Especially for outdoor use, this is very important for the service life.
- Often, accessories are included in addition to the store. Examples are shopping baskets or bags and toy food. For older children, a cash register with play money should not be missing.
- If no accessories are included, we strongly recommend that you get them separately to avoid disappointment.
- Many merchant’s stores also offer integrated drawers and chalkboards, which further increase the fun of playing.
Table of contents
Recommendable Merchant Stores Made Of Wood
Tip: You can find great dollhouses in our guide to wooden dollhouses.
The Best Sellers Of Wooden Merchant Stores
In this bestseller list we have compiled the most popular wooden merchant stores for you.
Tip: You can find toys for learning in our guide to wooden learning toys.
Current Offers Of Wooden Merchant Stores
Here you can find a collection of current offers of wooden stores.
FAQ About Wooden Stores
In most cases, the age rating is from 3 years. However, even younger children can have fun with it. This depends on the developmental stage of the child, but at a younger age, small parts should definitely be left out.
Often a shopping cart or basket may not be missing. Of course, but equally fruit, vegetables, sausage and cheese. When the children are a little older, play money is also very interesting and cereal or pasta in the form of cardboard boxes should be added only with increasing age, as they break easily.
Both a children’s kitchen made of wood, and one made of plastic has advantages and disadvantages. A plastic kitchen is easy to move around and clean. A kitchen made of wood, on the other hand, is much sturdier. In addition, the wood is probably visually more beautiful and simple design.
More On The Topic
- The 5 best children’s kitchens – guidebook
- The 7 best wooden play kitchens – guidebook
- The 10 best play sets for children’s kitchens – guidebook
- The 10 best merchant stores – guidebook
- The 10 best mud kitchens for children – guidebook
- The 10 best doctor’s cases for children – advice
- The 15 best dollhouses – guidebook
- The 8 best wooden dollhouses – guidebook
- The 12 best children’s playhouses – guidebook
- The 5 best wooden toys from Fagus – Guidebook
- The 8 best wooden ball tracks – guidebook
- The 9 best wooden toy cars – guidebook
- The 12 best wooden toys for children – guidebook
- The 7 best wooden rocking horses – guidebook
- The 7 best wooden toy trains – guidebook
- The 7 best wooden doll carriages – guidebook
- The 10 best wooden educational toys – guidebook
- The 7 best children’s board games made of wood – guidebook
- The 10 best construction toys made of wood – guidebook
- The 11 best wooden building blocks – guidebook
- The 8 best wooden toys for babies – guidebook