Building blocks are a lot of fun and train creativity, dexterity, and hand-eye coordination. They can be played with at an early age and can be flexibly taken anywhere. In addition, the building blocks are often offered in many great colors or with motifs.
With our checklist we are at your side and the product recommendations will help you to find the best wooden building blocks.
Table of contents
The bestsellers of wooden building blocks
In this bestseller list we have compiled the most popular wooden building blocks for you.
Wooden Building Blocks Checklist
- Babies begin to specifically grab objects and explore them with their mouths at 6 months. That is why wooden building blocks are already available for this age.
- At 12 months, children can already build small towers. Plug-in boxes, which require the matching of shapes, are also popular. The basic size is usually 4 cm, so the building blocks are light and easy to handle.
- Children from the age of 2 are little master builders. They enjoy a wide range of building blocks in different sizes, shapes, and colors.
- Large sets can consist of 200 pieces.
- There are also building blocks printed with pictures, letters, or numbers that can be sorted as well as stacking games.
- The manufacturer’s age specification makes it easier for you to choose.
- Wooden building blocks are made of solid beech wood, birch wood, pine wood or lime wood, for example.
- The wood should come from sustainable forestry and be FSC certified.
- The building blocks can be natural or multicolored.
- Make sure that the colors are harmless.
- If possible, the packaging should also be able to be used to store the wooden building blocks. Usually it is a box, a crate or drum with a plug-in lid or a bag.
- The building blocks must have rounded corners and edges and fit well in a child’s hand.
- The wood must be of high quality and free of rough spots.
- The paint must not peel or chip.
- The GS quality mark gives you peace of mind. It stands for tested safety.
- The TÜV seal indicates that a toy is safe.
Recommended Wooden Building Blocks
- 2 GAMES IN 1 FOR BABIES – This is not just a puzzle; the pieces can also be used as building blocks for busy little builders. The small lightweight wooden cubes can be stacked, or they can be used to complete one of the 6 puzzles. This durable set will last for years and can be passed down through generations!
- MAKES A GREAT GIFT FOR A FIRST BIRTHDAY – This wooden awakening toy is suitable for small baby hands who will handle the cubes with ease. The set will stimulate fine motor skills while they are learning and having fun. It is the perfect present for a 1st birthday or even a baby shower.
- ADORABLE PAINTED BABY ANIMALS – Includes 4 wooden cubes. The blocks are illustrated in soft colors and can be arranged to make 6 different puzzles of baby animals, including a penguin, owl, butterfly, hedgehog, whale and bird.
- MADE WITH SAFE AND HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS – Natural wood, painted in non-toxic paints. Meets or exceeds all American and European safety standards. Blocks measure 1.75 in.
- PREMIUM LEARNING TOYS DESIGNED FOR DEVELOPMENT THROUGH PLAY – Janod offers classic and timeless products made with a distinct focus on quality and safety. The colorful and original toys are crafted with the highest quality materials for durability.
Tip: What could be better than a family meal together? Find the best high chairs here.
Current Offers Of Wooden Building Blocks
Here you will find a collection of the current offers of wooden building blocks.
Tip: Find great high beds with slide here.
FAQ About Wooden Building Blocks
In principle, your child can play with building blocks as soon as he or she can grasp them. They often become interesting between 6 and 8 months.
Otto and Gustav Lilienthal invented the idea of building blocks.
Children often start stacking building blocks at around 15 months of age. However, this varies from child to child and depends on the stage of development.
More On The Topic
- The top 9 3D wooden puzzles from Robotime – guidebook
- The 7 best wooden knight castles for children
- The 10 best wooden swings – guidebook
- The 5 best wooden toys from Fagus – Guidebook
- The 8 best wooden marble runs – guidebook
- The 9 best wooden toy stores – guidebook
- The 9 best wooden toy cars – guidebook
- The 12 best wooden toys for children – guidebook
- The 7 best wooden play kitchens – guidebook
- The 7 best wooden rocking horses – guidebook
- The 7 best wooden toy trains – guidebook
- The 7 best wooden doll’s carriages – Guidebook
- The 8 best dollhouses in wood – guidebook
- The 10 best educational toys made of wood – guidebook
- The 10 best wooden construction toys – guidebook
- The 11 best wooden building blocks – guidebook
- Recommended musical instruments for children
- The 15 best indoor climbing frames for children – guidebook
- The 10 most popular cuddly toys for children – Guidebook
- The best dolls for children – guidebook
- The 8 best reborn dolls for children – guidebook
- The 14 best doll furniture – guidebook
- The 10 best doctor’s cases for children – guidebook
- The 8 best Playmobil farm sets – guidebook
- The 10 best Playmobil 123 sets – Advisor
- The 6 best Playmobil playgrounds – guidebook
- The 38 best LEGO duplo building sets – guidebook