Role-playing games are very popular with children from 2 years. They often want to imitate their parents and a play kitchen is very suitable for this. Cooking, baking & washing up bring children a lot of joy and above all promote language and social skills.
We have picked out the best wooden play kitchens for you and created a checklist to help you decide what to buy! Enjoy shopping and the sight of shining children’s eyes!
- Play kitchens are suitable from toddler age. Up to 3 years, however, no small parts may be included, otherwise, there is a risk of suffocation.
- From 2.5 years, a children’s kitchen is ideally suited, because, at this age, children finally begin to play real roles and can do much more with it. However, this depends on the stage of development, so that even younger children can already have fun.
- The size should also be made age-dependent. Accordingly, the kitchen should be no more than 100 cm high for toddlers, so that the children can reach everything.
- In contrast to plastic, wood is much more robust, visually superior and durable. It also protects the environment.
- In addition, there must be good workmanship so that there is no risk of injury. Wood splinters and sharp edges are a no-go.
- In any case, the material must be free of harmful substances, which can be verified by a test seal (e.g. Stiftung Warentest). The varnishes used for protection must be water-based only.
- Play kitchens are offered in different sizes. The height ranges from 80 cm to 120 cm and should be chosen according to the child’s height
- The length and width should be selected according to space in the children’s room or garden. Starting with 50 cm long kitchens, they can also move up to 250 cm.
- The larger the play kitchen, the more equipment is included. Always included are usually oven, sink and stove. In addition, refrigerator, microwave as well as coffee maker are possible. Toddlers are often overwhelmed with too much choice, so at this age a smaller kitchen with basic equipment is quite sufficient.
Table of contents
Recommended Wooden Play Kitchens
Here you can find the top 7 among the most popular wooden play kitchen.
Tip: You can find more children’s kitchens in the guide for children’s kitchens
The Best Sellers Of Wooden Play Kitchens
We have compiled the most popular wooden play kitchens for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: Important accessories for the play kitchen must not be missing! Click here for the guide to play kitchen sets
Current Offers For Play Kitchens Wood
Here you will find a selection of current offers for wooden play kitchens.
FAQ About Wooden Play Kitchen
As a rule, children’s kitchens can be used from 1 year. However, some are only released from 3 years, because small parts may be included or the kitchen is more detailed.
Both a children’s kitchen made of wood and one made of plastic has advantages and disadvantages. A plastic kitchen is easy to move around and clean. A kitchen made of wood, on the other hand, is much more robust. In addition, the wood is probably visually more beautiful and simple design.
The price of children’s kitchens ranges from 40 to over 200€. This is primarily dependent on the material. Wood is more durable and therefore more expensive than plastic. In addition, the size is crucial, where larger kitchens, for example, additionally a freezer compartment or more storage space is given. So with these the price is of course also higher.
More On The Topic
More Role Plays
- The 10 Best Mud Kitchens for Children – Guidebook
- The 9 Best Merchant Stores Made of Wood – Guidebook
- The 10 Best Merchant Stores – Guidebook
- The 10 Best Play Sets for Children’s Kitchens – Guidebook
- The 15 Best Children’s Workbenches – How to Guide
- The 15 Best Dollhouses – Guidebook
- The 8 Best Wooden Dollhouses – Guidebook
- The 10 Best Playmobil Dollhouses – Guidebook
- The 10 Best Doctor’s Cases for Children – Guidebook
- The 11 Best Children’s Costumes – Guidebook
- The 12 Best Children’s Playhouses – Guidebook
- The 8 Best Wooden Ball Tracks – Guidebook
- The 9 Best Wooden Toy Cars – Guidebook
- The 12 Best Wooden Toys for Children – Guidebook
- The 8 Best Wooden Toys for Babies – Guidebook
- The 11 Best Wooden Building Blocks – Guidebook
- The 7 Best Wooden Rocking Horses – How to Guide
- The 10 Best Wooden Construction Toys – Guidebook
- The 7 Best Children’s Board Games Made of Wood – Guidebook
- The 15 Best Board Games for Children – Guidebook
- The 10 Best Wooden Educational Toys – Guidebook
- The 8 Best Wooden Games for Toddlers – Guidebook
- The 5 Best Pikler Triangles for Children – How to Guide
- The Best Pikler Toys for Children – How to Guide
- The 8 Best Climbing Arches for Children – Guidebook