Toys made of wood have many advantages to offer. Unlike plastic, they are environmentally friendly and also much more robust, so that the toys last a long time. Wood is also particularly useful for larger sieve things, because it has a high weight and thus can not simply topple over with your child.
How to find the best wooden toy and what to look for is explained in our checklist. Further down, the product recommendations will make your decision even easier.
- Wood is a durable, natural and stable material.
- Unlike toys made of plastic, many parents are won over by wooden toys because of their sustainability
- Big plus: wooden toys are very durable and almost impossible to break.
- Wooden toys have little tendency to splinter or even break when dropped.
- Thus, the risk of injury to children is incredibly low.
- Therefore, especially in the first years of children’s lives, wooden toys are usually recommended.
- Completely harmless to health, because wooden toys are painted on water base and do not contain any harmful substances.
- Can be disposed of in an environmentally friendly way.
- Not all wood is the same. Find out here how the different types of wood differ and which type of wood is suitable for which toy:
- Oak is particularly hard and is suitable for all toys that fall down often.
- Birch wood is great for puzzles because of its grain.
- Pine wood is very often used for the production of doll houses or stores.
- It is important to pay attention to the absence of harmful substances , which you can recognize by a test seal such as the GS mark.
- The colors should be water-based and resistant to contact with saliva.
- Edges and corners should be rounded.
- Here you will find some inspirations, which wooden toys the little ones especially like:
- Rocking horse (classic)
- Building blocks
- Doll house
- Wooden railroad
- For the older ones: Store or children’s kitchen
Table of contents
Recommended Wooden Toys For Children
Here you can find the top 12 among the most popular wooden toys for kids.
Tip: The best motor activity cubes for kids are here.
The Best Sellers Of Wooden Toys For Kids
We have compiled the most popular wooden toys for children for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: Check out our guide to changing mats.
Current Offers For Wooden Toys For Children.
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the Wooden Toys for Kids section.
FAQ About Wooden Toys
Cleaning with lukewarm water is usually sufficient. Together with some ecological soap and a fresh sponge, the toy can then be gently washed off.
Wood is a natural raw material that grows back. Therefore, wood is considered a sustainable material. It is also very robust and has a nice feel and look. In our guide, you are sure to find the right wooden toy.
No paints of any kind should be used for children’s toys where there are health concerns. In addition, the paints and varnishes should be saliva-resistant.
Even toddlers, who are making their first attempts at grasping, enjoy their first wooden toy. In our product recommendations, you are sure to find the right one for your child.
More On The Topic
- The top 9 3D wooden puzzles from Robotime – guidebook
- The 7 best wooden knight castles for kids
- The 8 best wooden marble runs – guidebook
- The 9 best wooden toy stores – guidebook
- The 9 best wooden toy cars – guidebook
- The 7 best wooden play kitchens – guidebook
- The 7 best wooden rocking horses – guidebook
- The 7 best toy trains in wood – guidebook
- The 7 best wooden doll’s carriages – How to buy
- The 8 best dollhouses in wood – guidebook
- The 10 best wooden educational toys – guidebook
- The 7 best children’s board games made of wood – guidebook
- The 10 best construction toys in wood – guidebook
- The 11 best wooden building blocks – guidebook
- The 5 best wooden toys from Fagus – Guidebook
- The 8 best wooden toys for babies – guidebook