Table of contents
How old is my baby? A baby, when it is 9 months, is about to take its first steps. Many children at that age have already spoken their first word. “Mommy”, “Daddy”, “Grandma” or “car” – there are often no limits to a child’s creativity. Surely you are already waiting with excitement to see what will happen now. Already when your baby was 7 months old, another remarkable developmental step became apparent.
As Soon As Your Baby Is 9 Months Old, It Starts…
Crawling, a baby, when he is 9 months old, already discovers his little world. And be it “only” that of his baby room. Some already hold on to their parents’ hand while playing or watching and take their first steps, cautiously and sometimes still a little clumsily. Always anxious to learn the necessary security from mommy or daddy.
Parents must be very careful during this “adventurous” phase of their child’s life. It is already clear that sharp corners and edges on cupboards, shelves or other objects pose a considerable risk of injury to the little dwarf.
Your Baby – 8 Months Old – Discovering The World
How old is my baby and what do I absolutely have to consider now to provide maximum safety for my treasure? Surely this phase of your child’s life is accompanied by many questions and worries. Yet the challenges that parents now face can certainly be mastered. For example, indoor and outdoor stairs must now be secured and anti-trap devices must be installed.
Safety Is Paramount
Socket caps should be purchased and anti-tip devices should be bought. Your little one wants to experience new things every day. However, it does not yet know the dangers. Fear of certain things is still foreign to him. That’s why mothers and fathers are now “in charge” and should make sure that nothing happens to their offspring during their “adventure trip” through their home. You should also take this into account.
How Old Is My Baby – And What Can He Do When He Is 9 Months Old?
The attention of a child at this age is usually focused primarily on its caregivers and on all interesting things in its vicinity. This specific interest makes it particularly receptive to new information. This means that a child in this phase of its life is now particularly capable of learning.
The more intensively you engage with your offspring and talk to them, the more they will consciously learn about their environment. When a child is 9 months old, it is therefore not only particularly exciting for the children, but mommy and daddy should also show an extra high level of commitment now.
How Old Is My Baby And What Does He Need Now For Optimal Development?
Explain the world to your child when your baby is 7 months old. In general, the sooner you start talking, singing and engaging with your baby, the more likely it is that your baby’s development will benefit. You will be amazed at the progress your baby makes at this stage of his development. Support your little bundle of joy in every way and “offer” him again and again new “highlights” in his everyday life.
Baby 7 Months – The Journey Of Discovery Begins With Eating And Drinking
You can already give a baby who is 8 months old some complementary food. Often, however, the bottle or breast milk is no longer enough, even when a baby is 7 months old. Feeding is important now so that your child is optimally satiated. You can also change the taste of his bottle feed and add pureed carrots, spinach or other vegetables if necessary. In this way, the little taste buds on the tongue are “activated” or provided with interesting “inspirations”.
Most children enjoy discovering that in addition to “sweet” and “savory” there are also “bitter” and “salty”. Midwives advise new mothers to let their children lick unusual things, such as a slice of lemon or some mustard. You will be surprised how your little one will “process” these taste experiences.
Many parents don’t ask themselves the question: “How old is my baby?” They are interested in one thing above all: “What should my baby be able to do when it is 9 months old? In this context, on the one hand, the wide world of palate pleasures is of interest to a baby who is 8 months or 9 months old. On the other hand, play and learning must not be left behind. Building together and playful activities, in which he can even have a sense of achievement, are a further enrichment for your child’s horizon.
When a baby is 7 months or when a baby is 8 months, it already understands various things very well and can usually already form connections. Therefore, from this stage of life, it is extremely important that you “study” picture books together with your baby or occupy yourself with grasping and tactile books. Name the things that you see together. It’s best to name them several times so that your little treasure can make the appropriate connections. “Underline” certain motifs, for example animals or construction site equipment, with matching sounds. Music or sung melodies additionally promote the linguistic horizon.
This Is How Far Your Baby Has Already Developed By The Time He Or She Is 9 Months Old:
– Girls now weigh about 7,800 to 8,000 grams, boys between 8,500 and 8,700 grams.
– The clothing size is about 68 to 74.
– The shoe size in babies when they are 9 months old is 15 to 18.
– The head circumference measures between 42 and 46 cm.
How Old Is My Baby – This And More “Can” A Baby When It Is 9 Months Old:
– A baby when he is 7 months old can recognize certain objects. When a baby is nine months old, it is even able to perceive them beyond its own reach.
– The things it holds are examined with its hands as well as with its mouth. This is also a valuable developmental step in which more synapses are formed in the child’s brain.
– Your child can turn from his tummy to his back and back again now that he is 9 months old.
– He is now able to press his index finger against his thumb or do this consciously. Overall, finger motor skills are now more refined. Hand-eye coordination is also successful in most babies at this stage of life.
– By the time a baby is nine months old, it wants to discover new ways of moving around on its own initiative. For example, it crawls from A to B, crawls or rolls over itself in order to get at least a little way within reach of an object that seems particularly interesting. Also, it is now partly able to move with a toy, for example a car, etc., at least to some extent in the desired direction.
– When your little rascal is 9 months old, it imitates various sounds that it perceives in its environment or from its caregivers. It now begins to form its first words, babble and form its first syllables. This developmental step is a valuable milestone in your child’s linguistic development.
– By now, he can even signal how he feels and what physical needs he has at any given time. Crying when he is hungry or thirsty is now less frequent. It now uses other sounds to indicate what it wants and what it does not want.
– If it encounters strangers, it may start to cry. This phase of strangeness lasts for about six months and can vary in severity, depending on the child.
A baby, when it is 9 months old, sometimes reacts very anxiously when it is confronted with strangers and mom or dad are not in sight at the moment. Sometimes “strangers” are even people the baby knows from its social environment. Even a pair of glasses, an eye-catching necklace or the color of outer clothing can seem “threatening” or “alienating” from a child’s point of view at this stage of life. Even if it is the accessories of the grandparents or the aunt, some babies react to it by crying or screaming.
You Can Now Support Your Child’s Development And Give Him Or Her A Sense Of Security:
– Build towers together, play with toys or building blocks. If your baby repeatedly has a sense of achievement and discovers that he or she can build or construct something with both hands, then this promotes development immensely.
– Singing together and reading stories and poems aloud is very important for the targeted development of your child. After all, by the time your child is 9 months old, he or she can associate pictures with sounds or smells.
– Rattles or colorful play balls as well as baby gyms and other age-appropriate play activities are just the thing now. Tactile books and games also encourage your baby’s mental development.
– Sounds or melodies and stories played by music media “in the background” reach the subconscious of the little one particularly well in this phase of its life. It perceives sounds and is able to classify them. At the same time, it is able to occupy itself with other games and generate new impulses.
– Slowly but surely, your baby will pull itself up on objects. In the meantime, he can even “stand on his own two feet” for a short time. However, it is not yet possible for him to keep his balance. You can help your baby with this, for example, by offering him a walker or another baby walker.
How Old Is My Baby? Can He Recognize Dangers When He Is 9 Months Old?
Baby walkers do help your child to walk and stand, and they also allow him to see his little world from a “higher” perspective. Nevertheless, you should not forget that such play and baby walkers also harbor a certain potential danger. So caution is advised, especially on stairs or in similarly risky areas.
– He can now recognize rhymes and nursery rhymes that you have previously “practiced” with him. Usually he laughs at the appropriate places or signals that he knows what comes next in the song or poem. As soon as he hears exactly that and it is confirmed that he was right, he is happy and / or begins to laugh.
– At this age, the child can plan things ahead at short notice. For example, he is only too happy to drop objects because he knows that his caregiver will pick them up again from the floor. Take this “skill” as an opportunity to make a game out of it. You can use a plush ball with a ribbon attached to it to create a light coordination game. It doesn’t matter if your child is sitting in a chair at a table or in a stroller.
– Support the development of motor skills with cute finger games. Your darling will not only be thrilled by the bright colors or the materials, but will also find the movements of the dolls very interesting.
– It doesn’t always have to be expensive toys when it comes to keeping your child busy. In fact, at nine months, babies like to handle simple household objects, such as pot lids, wooden spoons or cans. Opening and closing cupboard doors or hiding behind pillows and blankets are also among his favorite activities.
How old is my baby? Parents who ask themselves this question are interested in one thing above all: What should their child be able to do by the time he or she is 9 months old? If your little bundle of joy may not yet be able to do all the things it “should” be able to do at nine months, that is truly no cause for alarm. The question “how old is my baby?” is not primarily related to individual performance. Rather, each baby is an individual being with individual abilities. In this respect, it is difficult to generalize about the specific characteristics of a child at the age of nine months.
Do Not Be Unsettled By The Question: “How Old Is My Baby”
Give your child time and support its development from the beginning. In the course of this, the question: “How old is my baby?” loses its fear potential, so to speak, because you no longer have to put yourself under pressure. What your baby is not yet able to do in this phase of its life, it will certainly be able to do in a few days or weeks.